Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2019, 04:19 AM   #21

Take a look at the andersen WDH. I had one on a passport. If you can turn a ratchet you can hook it up. It is super easy.
2019 Sandpiper FLOK
Tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:42 AM   #22

I found using a WDH with my 3500 pound Coleman Bayside made towing much better even though my Explorer was more than capable of towing it with out it according to the "numbers." Tongue weight on this relatively small trailer was nearly 500 pounds.

Electric tongue jacks are inexpensive and simplify the process. The Anderson WDH looks interesting.

-- Chuck
Chuck_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:18 PM   #23

I tow a 213HW with a Toyota Tacoma. I have one swaybar but not a wdh. I have absolutely no problem towing, no sway and no porpoising. It feels very stable all the time, even in high winds.
MHManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:38 PM   #24

I just purchased a A213HW and the dealer recommended a weight distribution system for my 2015 Toyota Highlander. It has about the same towing capability as your 4RUNNER. I don't know what it is like to tow without this system but I have to say, with it, the towing control is excellent.
Zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:37 AM   #25

These wdh and sway control are easy to use and no unhooking chains before backing.

Eaz-Lift 48703 Trekker Weight Distributing Hitch with Adaptive Sway Control - 1000 lb.
Jhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:36 AM   #26

Thanks again to everyone who replied! It really helps to know other users experience!
SherryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:43 PM   #27

Absolutely! You should get one. I also have 2018 4Runner and trust me you need the WDH. Otherwise your front will be hovering off the ground!! I saw a stock TRD Tacoma (which is basically a 4Runner truck) well the front end was so high, I doubt that guy was getting any traction. Very dangerous. I have a 16BHS WOLFPUP, 3200 dry, I also added a Bilstein 6122 /5150 suspension and kept the OEM coils in the rear, I was tempted to upgrade to the medium dobinson coil which is a bit stiffer than the OEM but the same height as the OEM (I did a 1.75” lift ). I’m still wondering if I should get the upgraded coils or put airbags in.

I can say with the WDH it’s droves nice and flat, and the 4 pt sway keeps the entire thing glued to the road.
I went with the equalizer brand 10k hitch. I think I posted a picture on here of my rig in one of the posts.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1963592
WolfPup2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:13 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryO View Post
Hello, I am considering purchasing a 213HW and wanted opinions on whether or not I should use a weight distribution system and/or sway bar. I will be towing with a 4-runner which is rated at 4700 towing capacity and 500 tongue weight. I have been using one with my current 17' Hideout travel trailer. As my husband doesn't like to camp, it is a lot of work for a woman so that is one reason I want to downsize to the Aframe. I used to own an Aliner classic and had no problems towing it but I know this one is longer and heavier. Note* I would be using the electric brakes. Thanks for the advice!
What is a little inconvenience when towing, go safe or don't go at all.
skipatroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:08 AM   #29

I agree with previous post.

"You will be much happier with a WDH, and will thank yourself when you see how it tows with a WDH."
I highly recommend one weather you require it or not.
pojp58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:29 PM   #30

This is a timely thread for me. We just got a 2018 4Runner SR5 and will be our new primary tow vehicle. I have a WDH for my '95 Dakota and tows our T12RB nicely, but it's getting tired. However, I do like the way it tows on the highway and local roads, even if it is a PITA to hook up.

I'll probably be putting Timbren Overload Springs to replace the axle snubbers as I did on the Dakota. They only work when I need them and no fussing with airbags. It fits my KISS philosophy. Worth checking out.

Regards,

Buddy
1995 Dakota V-8 Auto
Buddy Borders is offline   Reply With Quote