Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #1

Desk Drawer - Safety Latches

Our dealership crew could not get the desk drawer to stay in with the little magnets on the side. After our third complaint that we didn't like having to tie it every trip, their service person installed a drawer latch at the back of the drawer. It now stays in even over bumpy roads.

Second, when we travel we slip a child safety lock over every double door set of cabinets and the refrigerator. So much easier than trying to put that screw lock thing in the top of the refrigerator. Not traveling, we just keep them in the cabinet or fridge where they are accessible next time.

Dream Baby Cabinet Sliding Locks - Walmart.com

We got our Trilogy in early November and still believe it is the best one ever.
Freebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #2

thanks for the hint. we are looking at the 3850 also to go full time in after we sell our house. any other hints or problems please let me know.
GaryanJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
Working the Life

We have had our unit since March and I have spent all but a month in it. (I use it for accommodation for work.) We are very pleased with the unit and also agree this is the best one we have owned. We have had a number of issues which have yet been resolved, mostly because I haven't gotten home long enough to get it into the dealer. I have found out that other dealers will not service someone else's unit.
Most of the latches on our drawers have broken due to the manufacture using the wrong style of screw. After changing out the remainder of screws the issue has been resolved. We have found a bunny cord works well for the fridge.

KD

KD Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD Nolte View Post
We have had our unit since March and I have spent all but a month in it. (I use it for accommodation for work.) We are very pleased with the unit and also agree this is the best one we have owned. We have had a number of issues which have yet been resolved, mostly because I haven't gotten home long enough to get it into the dealer. I have found out that other dealers will not service someone else's unit.
Most of the latches on our drawers have broken due to the manufacture using the wrong style of screw. After changing out the remainder of screws the issue has been resolved. We have found a bunny cord works well for the fridge.

KD
thanks KD do you mind shareing the other issues you have had with your trilogy. I thought if it was warranty work it didnt matter what dealer you took it to.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
Working the Life

Warranty Issues

We have a 2012/2013 3800 D3
Here is a list of Issues we have found so far.
  • Flooring in water closet cut near Furnace Duct.
  • Hydraulic Slide in Bedroom moves in on its own.
  • Lack of water line low point drains.
  • Recliner chair backs damaged during initial shipping due to them not being tied down.
  • Table top damaged, from Factory
  • Living area slides marred flooring.
  • Roof Membrane fractured in a few locations.
  • Drawer catches broken due to wrong style of screws being used to mount.
  • Cabinet door near fireplace, wood is split.
  • Flooring at front bedroom closet is loose ans squeaks when stepped on.
  • Exterior steps mounted unlevel.
  • Shower door track not sealed. water leaked out onto floor.
  • 2 of the 3 stove burners spark system don't work.
  • Shower skylight cracked at mounting screws. over tightened screws.
  • Paint peeling at front garage door due to being cut through durong installation of Diamond Shield coating.
  • Awning arm folded when awning was left out during a rain.

Other dealers will not perform warranty work if they have not sold the unit. You must pay them for the work and then submit the bills to Forrest River for reimbursement.

We have used ours at temps of -20 Deg Celsius and found the unit very comfortable. Propane consumption was high but unit was warm.
All in all we are still very pleased with our unit.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #6

Thanks KD. I have heard about the roof being fractured before and the sky light also because they over tighten them. Hope they get it all fixed for you soon. Good to hear that it performs good in cold conditions too, have seen some complaints about the front cap not being insulated enough. Merry Christmas
Old 12-24-2013, 12:44 AM   #7

Wow. KD, you really have a lot going on. We use the fireplace and two tower space heaters after consuming the 97 lb propane tank. Cheaper to use the electricity. We have had no problems with the skylight nor any of the other problems you list. Yesterday, however, it stormed with pouring rain for 22 hours and we had two leaks at separate LR slideouts. Made an appointment with our fantastic dealer for next week.

How do you find out about the fractured roof.

Gary? Jane? Get the Trilogy - preferably 2013. It's a wonderful fifth wheel. Merry Christmas.
Freebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:43 AM   #8

We have pretty well convinced ourselves about the Trilogy. the 3850rl has the floor plan we like and i am making notes to use as a punch list for the pdi . If anyone has anything to add please do as that will be a great help to us and anyone else looking.
Merry Christmas from Gary, Jane, Gracie (the schnauzer) and Rowdy ( the big fluffy german shepard)
Old 12-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #9
Working the Life

Hi Freebirds2831
I found the issues with the roof and Skylight when I went up on the unit to perform a routine cleaning. I try to get up and clean the roof and Slide Toppers at least once a month.
The skylight has been an issue with other owners as well and that triggered me to look closer. The cracks are hard to see but a couple of them are visible from inside when the sun shines on it just right.
I use both Electric and Propane heating during the winter months as our RV park charges for Electricity. Also need to run the Propane heat to protect the basement from the cold. I have installed a small circulation fan in the garage to help distribute the heat through the garage and basement.

Happy Holidays everyone.

KD

Tags
safety