Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2014, 05:36 PM   #1

LP gas will not flow

Opening up for the season and had may tank filled (what a pain) any how, for what ever reason I can't get my furnace or stove to light. Has anybody got any ideas?
phil falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:11 PM   #2

Most times you may have to bleed air from your tanks to appliances. This can be accomplished by turning a stove burner on until air has escaped. Hope this helps.
Kilday4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #3

Hi I heard that spiders like to make nest in the area were the propane comes out for the flam . They seem to like the smell of propane. I blow mine out with air when I open my unit.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil falls View Post
Opening up for the season and had may tank filled (what a pain) any how, for what ever reason I can't get my furnace or stove to light. Has anybody got any ideas?
Often the propane bottles are opened too quickly which triggers a high flow sense and auto trip of the valve. To correct close the tanks, slowly open the service tank to reset the trip. Check the stove first and you should hear hiss if its only air for a few moments and then the gas will follow.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:40 PM   #5

iii have an integrated LP tank. All I have is a electrical switch. Do you blow air back through the stove???
Old 05-21-2014, 05:09 AM   #6

If you have an integrated tank, is the LP detector working as it might close a solenoid valve at the propane tank if it's not working.....
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:39 AM   #7

Quote:
iii have an integrated LP tank. All I have is a electrical switch. Do you blow air back through the stove???
I just dealt with this issue with my Trilogy 3650 RL. There is a brass thumb screw valve on the “integrated” tank itself, under the trailer, behind axles. They come closed or might have been closed when filling. Either way if your portable tank is working, that is likely your issue.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:14 AM   #8

THanks Igray and fonzie, both answers are helpfull. I'll be going up to my campground tonight and I'll check these things out. However, last fall I did not mess with anything under my coach with the LLP tank. so maybe it the LP detector.
I just resently fond this forum site and it looks like it's going to be a big help in the future and comparing notes on the Trilogy. AS I said before, I love our coach it's very beautiful and confortable. It's topo bad baout the problems everybody seems to be having.
Talk soon and thaks again.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:21 AM   #9

Quote:
THanks Igray and fonzie, both answers are helpfull. I'll be going up to my campground tonight and I'll check these things out. However, last fall I did not mess with anything under my coach with the LLP tank. so maybe it the LP detector.
I just resently fond this forum site and it looks like it's going to be a big help in the future and comparing notes on the Trilogy. AS I said before, I love our coach it's very beautiful and confortable. It's topo bad baout the problems everybody seems to be having.
Talk soon and thaks again.
Agreed, the 2013 and 2014 models are great. The 2015’s are completely different and no one will know how well built for some time. I can tell you that after having owned a Columbus and participating in that Forum, the issues you see on the Trilogy forum are very minor by comparison. More importantly, the Trilogy factory and staff are responsive, not so with Columbus and some others.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:45 AM   #10

I agree about the factory response. We owned a 2006 Jayco Designer before this one and never had one problem. So, I'm spoiled.

Tags
gas