Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #1

New 2014 36re

I am generally very happy with our Trilogy touring 36re. Here are a few observations and issues:
1. It has been a real challenge figuring out where to store flatware and utensils since the stove with oven eliminates drawers and there are none in the island.
2. An overhead led light in the bedroom was hanging due to having only one screw. That was an easy fix.
3. the shower leaked profusely due to a bent panel frame causing a gap. I partially dismantled the enclosure to straighten the bowed frame. No more leaking.
4. None of the many light switches are labeled. This is a minor inconvenience until I get used to them.
5.The floor in the bath and bedroom creaks when walked on. Does it need more screws?
6. the air conditioners are unacceptably loud both in and out of the unit. What is up with that?
7. The rear entertainment center is very impressive.
8. Our unit came with chinese made 235 85 r16 tires. The dealer was very helpful in getting those changed to ones that I had more confidence in.
9. I have added towel racks, hand towel ring, and a toilet paper holder befitting the high end decor.
10. Felt pads keep the pantry drawers from damaging the inside of the pantry door.
11. The furnace duct gives out a pop when it heats up that I attribute to the sheetmetal expanding. Anyone have a fix for that?
12. Others have mentioned a problem with the shower handle. I plan to swap it for a knob that will not protrude as much.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forest River Forums mobile app
gauchoverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #2
"Fitz" in HSV

Smile We LOVE our Trilogy!!

Our 3800RL is about 5 weeks old. We too have had some "minor" issues. Ditto the light switches... most of them you'll figure out... I actually bought a label maker with the intent of putting a label on each switch... haven't done it yet and probably won't. I like the rear entertainment center in your rig ... impressive craftsmanship. The 3800 is a little "plain" in the rear. Our AC units sound like a hurricane... there are definitely quieter units available... would love to see Trilogy move to something a little more tame. We are sitting at the dealership now waiting to have some other matters repaired... furnace quit, water pump never worked, table top is warped, and water filter "ruptured." All this aside, we LOVE our Trilogy!! Good luck with yours.
fitzhsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #3

We labeled the switches with a label maker 1st thing. Ditto on the AC's sounding like hurricane. Sad to see the 2015 model changes. These were beautiful units and typically Forest River is cheapening them. Maybe it's just a numbers game! Lower the MSRP and make everything options?

Sherry
WestWardHo is offline   Reply With Quote