Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2021, 03:47 PM   #1

trilogy 38rl bedroom slide malfunction

I have a 2015 Trilogy 38RL.
recently while stopped at a rest area on I-39 in central Illinois I ran the bedroom slide out so I could access the bathroom and the pully mechanism on the forward bottom corner of the slide detached from the wall. It was fastened with (4) 1/4" X 1 1/2" lag screws. The 2 forward screws pulled out of the wall and the back 2 had the heads snapped off. Prior to this failure I had no warning or malfunctions. All the cables where tight and seemed properly adjusted. The slide moved in and out without any binding or twisting. I take pride in the fact that I maintain my unit. I managed to get the slide back in so I could continue home to Wisconsin. One has to be a contortionist I had to reposition the pully 1/2 lower and slightly to the rear so the new lag screws had something to bite into. Click image for larger version

Name:	BS PULLY REPLACEMENT.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	249698
After much cussing and crawling around in the under bed storage area and under the slide floor all is reinstalled and readjusted and seems to be working correctly. What an event.
Mike LaMarche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 03:52 PM   #2

Sounds like a total pain in the backside. Glad you got it repaired.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:11 PM   #3

I had the same issue with my 2014 3850RL except it was the lower aft pully assembly that pulled from the wall. Seems the backer board that was epoxied to the RV had rotted from a leak (that never showed up) because of a failed topper. Cost me about $2,000 for repairs in Elkhart. Real bummer to say the least. Then I found out they had repaired it but failed to adjust the cable tensions correctly. Good thinng I checked as it would have burned out the motor or ripped up the gear box.

If your lag bolts came out wet or rusty, you probably have another failure coming your way. Just beware...

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, bedroom slide, roo, slide