Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2014, 11:17 AM   #1

Trilogy Bedroom TV Mount

Have any Trilogy owners removed the bedroom TV from its wall mount (Samsung UN32EH4000F)? We need to bring it down to hook up a sound bar, but not sure how.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #2
Tom & Gayle

I have removed the bedroom tv partially to hook up HDMI cabled for our DirectTV, in our 3650 RL
Tomngayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
Tom & Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomngayle View Post
I have removed the bedroom tv partially to hook up HDMI cabled for our DirectTV, in our 3650 RL

I first had to remove the blind valance, then remove the screws from the strip of wood paneling/access panel directly above the valance. Then you can reach behind the tv and remove the 4bolts
That go through the panel between the cupboards that hold the TV. I was able to loosen the bolts enough to bring the TV forward enough to get my hand between the cupboard and the HDMI ports to slip in the cables in the side of the TV. They don't make it easy. Wile I was at it I slipped an extra cable in in case I would need it later for another device..
Good luck.
Tom
Tomngayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:53 PM   #4

Sound Bar Installed

Tom n Gayle,
Thank you for the reply. We ventured into it, prior to reading your post, but essentially came up with a similar solution. We ended up picking up a z hex tool from Lowe’s (3 for $3.89). This allowed us to reach the back screws above the valence, without removing the valence. Once we had the cupboard bottom panel off, we used a mirror and light to feed the fiber optic cable and ran a backup RCA. We are using l brackets to hang the sound bar before we put the panel back up. The model we picked is the same length as the bottom of the Samsung 32 TV. More importantly, the sound quality. The new TV’s have great resolution however most come with 10 watt speakers that are on the back or sides. On the Trilogy and probably many RV bedroom TV’s, the cabinets will not allow the sound to come out. With the bedroom AC on, almost impossible to hear. The “Energy” sound bar is 120 watts, with two built in subwoofers and 3D sound for $130 bucks, well worth the trouble.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:44 PM   #5

We asked our dealer to pull the TV away from the wall long enough for us to insert cables and then put it back (before we took possession). Instead they "did us a favor" and installed a swivel mount to the back which means I can now put in any cables I want as it is five inches from the wall. The problem is the bedroom is so small that the five inches makes it feel so much closer. Since I do a lot of taping from TV plus copying from old VCR tapes and DVD movies, it does make it easier. I have two DVD recorders and one VCR hooked to the TV.

JD
Freebirds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, mount, roo, tv mount