Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #21

Trilogy owner

We were in Branson, MO. Just ran into our first Trilogy at a campground. The owners have had the unit since March 2012. Over all they are very happy with their unit. But, as I have seen on other blogs, they have had issues with the lack of insulation in their unit. The area in the front of the unit became very hot in the heat of the summer. The owner removed some panels and found a very large area with NO insulation. The company did not respond to his complaint so he filled it himself. This is a problem this company is not addressing for some reason. And it tells me they are ignoring it. Questions of their 'R' rating goes unanswered. We may decide to stick with Cedar Creeks as we know how they are built and that branch of Forest River does respond to these issues. Just though I would pass this along. Along with normal camper issues the owners are happy with the unit.
RoninKansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #22

While the Trilogy's are beautiful units I didn't think the quality was any better than the Cedar Creek. My wife really didn't like the recessed stovetop.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #23

insulation

Our Airstream 08 31 Classic also was hot in the wardrobe closet, but if you opened the slider doors it would cool down, but why do that? Our Trilogy 3850 013 in the front closet is also hotter but the AC cools it down if you want it open . Whether there is fiberglass insulation there I do not know, but it could also be a factor that the slider doors are not open.
chaimemet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #24

Trilogy 3850

We are new to this forum and in love with the 2013's and the updates
And improvements over the 2012. (Have been watching these for a year).
We'd love to hear comments both plus and negative on any trilogys owned
As we plan to purchase within 6 months.

Thanks all.
Sherry
WestWardHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #25

Trilogy experience

Having owned for 6 months and spent a reasonable amount of time I have some opinions. We owned an Airstream before a quite different experience. We are happy with the huge amount of space my wife and I and our 17 year old daughter enjoy. The kitchen is just great. Do not miss those little ovens. The unit has a great large 3 burner stove. Will have to learn more about convection baking. We have a good size globe lid grill that allows baking and roasting large pieces of meat.The recliners are very comfortable but a bit oversized, I would prefer a scandinavian design but will wait till they get some good use. You have to be carefull securing for travel so no damage comes to the valences. We secure the dinette chair closest to the door in the middle with a bar stool and amish style hi-lo rable, it had gotten scratched butting up against the kitchen island upon closing the slide. Be careful make sure you lower the flip up addition to the table. I would have preferred the table to be polyuretaned or a heavier coat of varnish. Be careful around the oval walkaround wall leading from the entrance up to the head. Scratches appear magically but the doors and cabinets are on a higher grade of quality, they can take more abuse. We added an incadescent lamp between the 2 recliners to balance out the halogens. The Dyson vacuum is really good convienent to use. As far as insulation goes, the rear huge window is a big heat sink learn how to use the MFD solar screen and night blinders. Ceiling fans run them. Turn on the exhaust fan of the convection and the ceiling when cooking. Ask them to install a trap door under the master bedroom tv for access to the external plugs, like the HDMI. I question the heat build up in the bedroom but its external shape and the large closet being closed may be the main source of the heat build-up. I did not cut a hole in the rear panel to check the insulation. The Tecma head is a good upgrade as it acts as a macerator also. You will need to adjust the water to keep from filling the BW tank if you have no sewer hookup. I have no opinion yet on splitting the GW tanks. The Trilogy is a residential fifth wheel its a small condo. The garage is very useful I installed a sliding drawer where a large Dometic freezer/frig is installed permanently. This Trilogy has a lot going on, great useful space beautiful exterior paint. Oh and the residential frig/freezer! And ICE do you believe it? The sound of ice falling into the holding bin! My fetish coming from a boating background ICE is real important in the summer in SFL keep the fish and the bait fresh and survival of the fisherman. I believe you can pick apart any RV. We go through boat surveys a couple times a month and you would not believe the results and skills of negotiating needed to keep a deal together. Life is real short...just do it and enjoy.
chaimemet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #26
Working the Life

We pick up our new 3800D3 on Friday. Can hardly wait.
The reviews everyone have posted are great, thanks everyone.
Once I get in my unit for a couple of months I'll also add my two cents.
We hope to enjoy outs as much as everyone else seems to be enjoying theirs.

KD

KD Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #27
Working the Life

Unhappy Unit not ready when I arrived at dealer.

I made the 400 mile round trip yesterday to pick up our new unit and it wasn't ready. grrrrrr
The dealer hadn't filled the propane tank and when we went over to the local filling station they couldn't figure out how to fill it. It seems that when they did the PDI they hadn't opened the valves at the tank. (This is the first unit they have sold and have not learned what is required.) Once they figured out how to fill the tank they were unable to get propane to the appliances. End result: Unit was left at the dealer for them to figure out what was wrong and I will need to make the trip again next weekend to get it.
There are a number of items that the dealer was not familiar with and could not explain. The 6 point level system was completely foreign to them as they did not even know that it would auto retract to the truck connection height. They had no idea what I was talking about when I asked for the Linc Wireless Remote. (is this an item that is included in all units or just as an option?) They were unable to demonstrate the Sound Bar for the main TV. etc etc.
End result is that I'm very disappointed with the dealer and would like to make my experience known to Forrest River. Should I or shouldn't I?

Would love to hear about others experiences with their dealers.

KD

Old 03-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #28
bpe

Are you still disappointed in the insulation in front of unit. I am considering one but this is a serious issue. Other choice is a Heartland Landmark San Antonio. It is better insulated but not as well built as the Trilogy.
bpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #29

We're making a 120 mile trip to pick up our new 3rd generation 3650RL on Tuesday. Hoping it'll be ready, the dealership has been difficult to work with. Also hoping it will be as great as we hope!
Sherry
Old 04-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #30

Picked up our new 2013 3800 Trilogy at Berryland Campers in Louisiana last week. This was a very long trip for us as we live an hour south of Dallas, TX. Love the trailer but very unhappy that the dealership did not do a better job getting it ready. One shade is broken, we were told it had a key pad on the door and it does not, and we were told it had the remote system and they did send us a control, but we can't find the corresponding system on the trailer. You would think that they could do a better job on an expensive coach. We made the deal on it 3 weeks before we were able to pick it up so there should have been plenty of time to make sure it was right. We are pulling it with an F350 Ford Diesel Dually and you can forget it is back there, backs great and gets in my driveway a whole lot easier than my horse trailer that is the same length. We are having an issue with the filter leaking in the refrigerator and a hydraulic fluid leak in the jack system. But we are getting it all figured out.
Timberlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #31

Sitting at the dealer in Mesa for the second day while dealer tries to fix hot water and wiring on our 3650RL. It's a beautiful rig, but PDI didn't catch the problems. Only warm water inside although hot at the tank outside. Lamps beside the TV are cross wired with 1 LED light over the TV? Desk opens when moved and no lock on it. Closet doors won't lock closed when traveling so have to lock open. We need to get on the road! Guess this is typical of new RV's but I expected more from Dynamax.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #32

since forest river is now involved by buying dynamax get used to repairs.
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #33

Additionally, the Lippert remote is programmed backwards for awning opening and closing, at least i think its the programming. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't even when it shows a full charge.When the image shows opening, it's closing and visa versa. Have to check it on the stabilizers, we've used basement controls so far. A dinette LED didn't word when we were leaving we'll deal with that later

Sherry
Old 04-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #34

Bob, I sure hope not!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #35
Working the Life

New Unit Woes

It so disappointing when you spend this kind of money and end up having the kinds of problems being reported on this forum.
It is even more disappointing that the dealers are so detached from the issues. It appears as though the entire industry has become far to complacent.
When we bought our first unit many years ago the dealer ran us through every item on the trailer to insure not only that it functioned but that we understood how to use it. When were hooked up and ready to go they handed us a set of keys on a very nice key chain and took our picture standing in front of the trailer and later sent us a calendar with our picture in it.
When I picked up this unit the dealer didn't even know enough about the unit to demonstrate how it functioned and had omitted to function check a few items. They handed us the keys on a tie rap and sent us on our way.

Very disappointed in where the industry has evolved to.

Just my two cents.

KD

Old 04-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #36

It's a bit frustrating but from what I've read about RV's this is normal. It's still a stunningly beautiful unit. But did I mention the missing supposed to be welded bolt on the entry stairs?
FYI: the back office guys at McMahons RV in Mesa, AZ were amazing. Lots of deals were done, lots of service being done for snowboarders heading back home. Those guys were there early in the morning and stayed late until all promises made we're done.
Sherry
Old 04-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #37

But then we got home from dealer with our new rig. Power cord not stowed in unit as promised. Called dealer and talked to GM, he apologized and promised to overnight the cord and send tracking numbers the next day. No numbers received, called again and just went into VM. Called the next day and he said he had lost the note so it wasn't shipped. It's supposed to be here today by noon, it's 11:30 now. Don't recommend the dealer! Lots of promises that aren't kept!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestWardHo View Post
Bob, I sure hope not!
trust me, forest river cost cutting will effect your R V life. We looked at them last year at Lazy Days in Tampa, they were really nice to look at and were discounted down to 75,000 and still sitting on the lot. FR seems to be changing the cedar creek line to include a lot of the dynamax features so if they eliminate the trilogy they can still keep the customers. Just can't see the trilogy staying around with the rather low sales . spend a lot of time at fort wilderness and have only seen 1 in the past year, considering I spent 5 out of the past 10 months there and cart around every night to see the RV's that tells me something about how well they are selling. I have bought 3 forest river products in the past 3 years, there will not be a 4th
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #39

Bob, it's sad, I guess. You've had 3 Forest River products but from recent models I've seen I wouldn't buy one. The Trilogy seems beautiful but we'll see (and report on) as time goes by and we actually travel in it. It appears most of the problems should have been caught in dealers PDI but still issues the factory inspections should catch. Where is our pride in production?? We've seen so many quality American made products being cheapened overseas and it's our own fault I guess as our price demands drive production. Look at what Walmart has done to so many great brands! Not that these are not American made, but come on! Doesn't he factory realize that potential purchasers Google everything before purchasing?! Helloooo.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #40
Grape Escape

From what I have read here there is nothing to indicate there is anything wrong with the Trilogy line. Most faults here are from suppliers who supply most other manufacturers. From what I saw on some initial units they were outstanding.
Conclusions cannot be drawn from the voice of one dissatisfied owner.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote