Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #41

Dezolen,
That's a great post. I believe the Tilogy is a beautiful product for the money. Most of our complaints relate to the dealer, however, there is a wiring problem, and something now wrong with the black tank drainage (a leak first time back flushed) and a welded bolt missing. I wish more RV factories did a thorough inspection of their units before shipping to dealers. I am also surprised that no factory response on their own sponsored forum.
Sherry
WestWardHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #42
Grape Escape

Hope all works out well. Nothing more frustrating after spending a large sum of money for a dream coach and things don't work as they should.
I am fortunate that I can repair or fix almost any fault and would rather do repairs than be at the mercy of the dealer. At least I know it will be done right and not waiting for them to fit it in whenever.
When I first saw a Trilogy it was parked beside a Mobile Suites at a show and was blown away by the quality and cabinetry of the Trilogy. Could not see $30,000 or more difference in the Mobile Suite unit
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #43

Does anyone have email and phone contact information for Trilogy Customer Service.?I can't find anything on Google. Thanks.

Sherry
Old 04-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #44
Working the Life

Trilogy Factory Rep _ Western Canada

Hi Sherry
Not sure if this is the rep for your area but at least he will be able to get you connected to the right person if he isn't.

Micheal Babcock: 888-295-7859 ext 204

Hope this helps, good luck.

KD

KD Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #45

Thanks KD!!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #46

Today is D Day. We hit the road full time. We have been packing and organizing full time for a week and stayed in it last two nights. DH found the water connection hose needed a clamp and that solved the leak problem. Haven't cooked yet, the wiring on the lights should be a minor fix when we land for the summer in OR. Comments above about problems with the dealers are right on. Our issues have been minor except for them. This is a BEAUTIFUL rig with quality every where we look, we love it and we'll find out how it holds up down the road. We choose the 3650RL to get a little more options in parks we can stay in and the living areas are generous. Again, if you're thinking about buying be sure to get the latest generation as they make improvements all the time.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #47

Helpful tip, there is a valve on the large propane tank that should be open to run your furnace. This was not mentioned in our PDI (grrrr). Qur furnace quit heating but blower continued to work when it was 53 degrees outside. Took two days before a call to John (not Jack as i said on another post) Armstrong at the factory emailed back the answer. It turns out we were running off auxiliary propane tank and that ran empty. If value underneath your unit is not open you can't run off the main tank.
Also on our 3650, there is no external access to either the main or bdrm TV to add components. Our neighbors have a beautiful Landmark and they have an access cabinet next to the main tv for all connections. Beautiful idea.

For us, the side bath is a little too crowded and small. DH hits the hot/cold handle every time he showers. We didn't want to give up the extra storage for the split bath, but now I'm rethinking it. Don't see/feel any insulation issues that people mention.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #48
Working the Life

Trilogy Helpful Hints

Good points WestWardHo.
On the 3800 model there isn't an auxiliary Propane tank to draw from. Although I did have one added. I had a propane issue and wasn't able to isolate the main tank as the valve was enclosed behind a shield. I will be asking the dealer to install an Electronic Shut off valve the same as is on the filler side. This will enable me to quickly and safely isolate the unit from the Main Tank. If you have the valve open on your Auxiliary Tank at the same time as you have the valve open from the main tank you will draw from the tank with the highest pressure. If you have the auxiliary tank sitting somewhere it is warm, then it is likely to be the tank that supplies.
Our Hydraulic issues have cleared themselves up since the temperature has not maintained above 32 deg F. Must have been a sticky valve due to the cold.
The TV issue is a bit annoying. The TV's in these units are permanently installed and are not on a removable frame as they are in other units. In order to change the connections on the back our main TV I had to pull out the Sound Bar and reach in through that opening to get access to the Connection Points of the TV. I haven't tried to access the Bedroom unit yet.
There are few items that I am not too pleased about with the 3800 but still very happy with the unit and believe we mad the right choice.

KD Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #49

fixit time

We have the 2013 D3 pick up was 08/12. We are hoping to return to factory before warranty runs out to repair some items. The bedroom tv needs an access panel to reach rear inputs. The shower stall control needs to be changed to a turn push/pull knob because of the limited movement when a body is taking a shower. I have no gas pressure from the outside pipe connector for grill. We have no axillary gas tank. The toppers need to be tightened. Bedroom slide cable and rubber slide needs adjustment. If we can not go to Indiana will have to take our chances at Lazydays.
chaimemet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #50

DW and I had the chance to tour the Dynamax Trilogy factory yesterday. Mike Babcock (manager of the Trilogy line) and John Armstrong (service manager) were outstanding. We bought our Trilogy last November and have had minor issues and just wanted some general knowledge questions answered and both Mike and John were fantastic. We ended up leaving our fifth wheel today to get al of the issues fixed (that was not our intent but after meeting with both Mike and John decided to have everything fixed at the factory). Getting the opportunity to walk through each step of the Trilogy process and ask questions was a great opportunity and we have been happy with our unit just some of the minor problems were bothersome. This visit made us feel absolutely great about our purchase of the Trilogy and I would recommend any current or future Trilogy owner to take the time to stop by.

Doogie
Doogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #51
bpe

The poorly insulated roof discouraged me about buying one.
bpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #52

Bpe, can't imagine what you're referring to? Could you please explain?
Old 05-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #53

Wow bpe, we've been in ours since the 4th of May and we are 25 miles from the Canadian border right on Lake Superior where the temps have yet to have been past 60 (in the 30s at night), and we haven't even had any cold spots. We absolutely love ours.
sroarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #54
bpe

Only, if memory serves me right, 3" of insulation in roof area. This is the least of any I know of.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #55

dezolen and Westwardho, I have to agree it is frustrating to have issues with a new coach, nobody likes having problems with a new coach and yes factories do need to work on quality control at the factory level ,we have ordered our 3650RL and will pick it up in July hopefully there will be no issues (wishful thinking ?) perhaps, I am pretty good at this repair stuff having done it on our class A, its really not rocket science it just takes a little time and patience to solve many problems that crop up (I actually enjoy figuring out how it all works) in our rolling earthquakes .
Perhaps I was a RV repairman in a previous life? LOL
Defiant530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #56

Bpe, I question your information, we have been in hot and cold and have noticed no heat gain or loss. Could you please tell us where you found this information?

Defiant, you're getting the same unit we have. It will be good to have a "former RV repairman" on the forum to advise us all! ��

It was said elsewhere or earlier that most problems are the lack of dealer knowledge. Then there's our lack.....

Sherry
Old 05-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #57

Sherry, it will be a learning curve for us until I get some road time, big difference going from a 36ft motorhome, to a 39ft fifth wheel and all the differences between the two. You are right many dealers are an issue with service after the sale ,or they just don't take the time to learn the product which is sad in my opinion.
We are dealing with Colerain RV in Ohio, so far so good but we will see. We plan on spending a week out there when we take delivery to make sure if we do have any issues they can be taken care of . Scott & Linda
Old 05-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #58
bpe

It is on the Dynamax Trilogy web site.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #59
bpe

2 1/2 inches block foam insulation.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #60

bpe, a shame you don't feel that is enough. We (that actually own Trilogys) love them. So I guess it's your loss.
sroarke is offline   Reply With Quote