Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #101

Trying at three different hardware stores to replace the threaded bolt that holds freezer/refrigerator door closed while traveling. The one sent to us by John Armstrong at Trilogy is a mite short. Came out on our last move. Talked to Frigidare and that (lock)is a modification done after it leaves the factory. Trilogy or whoever added lock used a thread that is so uncommon we can't find a replacement for it. We need to call/email John again when we will be sitting to get mail. Otherwise loving our rig.

Sherry
WestWardHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #102

Sherry, hopefully we don't run into the same issue, without actually seeing the bolt I can't offer up much help, but another place to possibly look is Grainger or Fastenal.
Also most likely we will be working on a solution to make sure the drawers and cabinet doors stay closed while we are traveling ......well that is when we pick her up in July....the wait is just painful ....

Scott and Linda
Old 06-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #103

We just had the lock installed on our 2012 D3800. Ours was built early enough that there was no lock installed on the fridge so we asked Dynamax to install one. There is enough room between the doors to drill and tap a new hole with standard threads if you would like to have a standard thread size. We have had no issues at all with cabinets opening while we are traveling. We still very much love the Trilogy - Defiant, I really feel for you having to wait to get your Trilogy.

Doogie
Doogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:46 AM   #104

3 weeks left to go til we get the new rig ! UGH ! Could the time go any SLOWER ? Patience is NOT one of my virtues.....
Scott
Old 06-21-2013, 05:47 AM   #105

Sherry, did you locate a locking bolt for your fridge yet?
Old 07-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #106

Hi Guys,
Sorry I've been off this forum for a while as life got in the way (we sure LOVE this full-time life)! DH ended up getting a new fridge locking panel board from the factory with new lock bolt and installed it yesterday. Works perfectly, however he set the angle bar forward to be flush with the front of the refrigerator because he had to press hard on the doors before to get the screw to connect with the receiver.
The factory installed it back about 1/4" which caused the problem in part.

However after 6 weeks of trying to get the dented freezer door replacement from the factory so Guaranty RV could replace it when they did warranty work (of course it hadn't arrived in time) we again pressured John Armstrong to follow up as Guaranty was unable to get order status. It turns out " FedEx damaged 1st replacement door and returned it to the factory and no one seemed to know it nor respond to the dealer." So we finally picked up a replacement door at Guaranty in Eugene this Monday as we had flown out of there for a funeral. Yesterday DH went to install new door and of course it didn't match. Looking up the Frigidare model number sent on a frigedaire dealers site on the internet, it shows two model numbers for the same (wrong) door. Trilogy wants us to find correct door and return this one as they "don't know how it happened". Grrrrrrrr

Sherry
Old 07-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #107
Working the Life

Thumbs up Door Hardware_ General

I have now been in my new unit for almost 4 months and absolutely love it. Everything has worked well with the exception of a few minor items which is to be expected.
When we picked up the unit we found the retaining bolt for the fridge in a drawer and asked the dealer what it was for, the answer we got was it a shipping bolt from the microwave and we wouldn't need it again, so my wife tossed it. Now we realize what it is for and wished we hadn't gotten rid of it. If anyone figures out what thread it is please post it so I can get one made up. It may be a metric thread????
We have had several of our drawers and cupboard latches break where the screws are, resulting in a constant battle to keep them closed when traveling. The dealer was contacted by email and they sent one replacement latch. As our dealer was shut down due to the flooding in Alberta we have not been able to get anymore replacements. The root cause of the issue is Trilogy using counter head screws instead of pan head screws. The counter head screws spread out the eye in the latch and cause them to break. I'll be sending an email to our Trilogy rep to recommend that they change the screw style.
Has anyone had issues with their entry steps not being level? Ours slope to one side on the bottom three steps but is fine on the top step. Something is off on the support points and is not adjustable with out major rework.

Thanks to all of you who post updates as it is very informative as to what issues others are having. Of course it is also nice to hear how much everyone else is enjoying their units.

KD

KD Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #108

KD Nolte, It sounds like you fared pretty well ! Like you said minor issues are to be expected , we pick ours up tomorrow (7/15) we hope it all goes well , we are currently in Cincinnati Ohio about 15 mins from the dealer and it is Hot hot hot here and its going to continue to be 90 and above all week ! The old Adventurer's air conditioning is working overtime.
I did notice the latches when we were at the Hershey, Pa. RV show last fall and I figured I would have had to do something with them and you have confirmed it but we will see what will have to be done when we get our hands on it .
If you do run into anything else of interest or concern let us know ! We do appreciate the heads up from all of you that have had the Trilogy and have had the opportunity to log some miles on one !
Old 07-14-2013, 11:18 PM   #109
Working the Life

Congratulations on your new unit.
I hope you enjoy yours as much as we are enjoying ours. We are currently discussing if we could live full time in ours and give up our fixed address. Since I use ours to live in while away for work the leap to full time won't be much of a leap as I already spend 5-6 months a year in it.
There was an earlier thread regarding the pantry and it is one that we fully support. It is funny that we were very impressed with the pantry when we first saw it and now that we have been in our unit it is the one thing we will be changing once we get home this fall.
Our plan is remove the back swinging shelves and replace them with wine racks on the sides and drawers in the middle.
There have also been comments with regard to the insulation or lack there of. I was in my unit for about 2-3 weeks in temps as low as -20 C and was comfortable the whole time and could not find any cold spots and I was most impressed with how warm the floors felt. I did however run a heater in the garage to insure that the water lines would not freeze. This also provided warmth to the bedroom floor.

Cheers everyone.

KD

Old 07-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #110

KD, I received an email about your post on the fridge door lock (as I follow this forum) but when I clicked link to connect to your post I can't find it. Grrrrr.

The thread for the bolt is - we were told obsolete - metric 10/24. You can get 2 ft lengths at McMaster-Carr. However, an easier solution is to contact John Armstrong at the factory for a replacement because it has the plastic knob on the end that you'd have to fabricate anyway.

We've been in our 3650 RL for two months now and we love it too. At first I worried that we should have ordered the 41 ft model but I don't believe we would have gained storage. If fact we have empty cupboard space for full-time living. I put our Breville Toaster/Convection/Regular oven on the slide out appliance pantry shelf and that works great for us.

In our current park we park our tow truck in overflow parking and my car in front of the rig. DH made a cardboard 5th wheel hitch and put it on the back of the car to look as if the car was towing. I'll try to post pictures on here but we had a lot of fun with a Good Sam group that was in the past weekend. We were getting a LOT of lookers at our 5er as well.

Sherry
Old 07-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #111
Working the Life

Thanks for the info Sherry.
I'll contact our Factory rep to get one shipped out rather than try to make one.
Love what your DH did with the cardboard hitch.

KD

Old 07-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #112
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestWardHo View Post
KD, I received an email about your post on the fridge door lock (as I follow this forum) but when I clicked link to connect to your post I can't find it. Grrrrr.

The thread for the bolt is - we were told obsolete - metric 10/24. You can get 2 ft lengths at McMaster-Carr. However, an easier solution is to contact John Armstrong at the factory for a replacement because it has the plastic knob on the end that you'd have to fabricate anyway.

We've been in our 3650 RL for two months now and we love it too. At first I worried that we should have ordered the 41 ft model but I don't believe we would have gained storage. If fact we have empty cupboard space for full-time living. I put our Breville Toaster/Convection/Regular oven on the slide out appliance pantry shelf and that works great for us.

In our current park we park our tow truck in overflow parking and my car in front of the rig. DH made a cardboard 5th wheel hitch and put it on the back of the car to look as if the car was towing. I'll try to post pictures on here but we had a lot of fun with a Good Sam group that was in the past weekend. We were getting a LOT of lookers at our 5er as well.

Sherry
this picture should be a new "caption this" thread. Great sense of humor!

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #113

Sherry , those pictures , now that's funny! We are currently sitting in our new Trilogy ,picked it up today ! The only issue so far is the filter in the fridge is defective leaks everytime you get water from the door, we will run over to the dealer tomorrow and pick up a new one , other than that its still 85 degrees at 9pm in Cincinnati ,been sweltering here since we arrived, we hope you guys are doing well and of course keeping busy! Scott
Old 07-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #114

Defiant, turn on the two AC's!!! ��

Enjoy your beautiful new rig and double check the brefrigerator lock AND the battery connections!

Sherry
Old 07-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #115

Defiant, congrats on your new rig! Happy trails!
Lovely Wife and Son, two terriers, and Ringo the cat!
Masondood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #116

Thank You Masondood, we are enjoying it immensely !!
Sherry both airs are running ! And running hard ! Fridge lock was attached to the fridge and I did check the Battery cables thoroughly all was ok , our dealer replaced the defective fridge filter ,they had to run to lowes to pick it up ....lol , it just kicked out the first batch of ice. Also I found the shower has a small leak , I think I found the spot looks like a dab of chaulk will cure it . No major issues ,which makes me happy the minor stuff I can deal with .
Spent the afternoon stocking and buying goodies for her all in all a good day !!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #117

looking at Trilogy

Hi there. New to the forum and looking at Trilogy to go full timing. Has anyone ordered one with IS suspension and or disk brake system, gen, Norcold refer, 30in. oven. also how quite is the a/c's at full cool down. Is there anything you would have ordered differently.

Thanks for the info.
Lone Wolf
lone wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #118

We would have ordered the IS suspension and disc brakes but we bought off the lot. We will modify next year. Love the Frigidare Refrigerator Freezer that comes with it. Too many recalls on Norcold. If we boon docked a lot we would replace toilet as its heavy water usage. Yes, ALL 5th wheel AC's are loud. Even the newer Coleman's we're told but check it out. At 90+ degrees and high humidity here today we run bdrm AC and living area ceiling fans. Cools us down but quieter living area.
Sherry
Old 07-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #119

looking at Trilogy

We have been looking at a few higher end 5th wheels to full time in. this site has a lot of good info. I sent a e-mail to Mike Babcock with lots of questions to help us decide on what manufactor we will go with. No response. Anyone else have a problem with the Trilogy not responding? Maybe we should just move on.

Lone Wolf
lone wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #120

Hi Lone: I'm in the same place and am looking at the trilogy for full timing when I retire, which is years away so am not ready to pull the pin yet but I liked the following on the Trilogy. ..residential fridge (read the posts here and the rv fridges seem to be nothing but trouble), 2 air conditioners as I plan to be in warm spots always, the fit and finish of the woods, kitchen size and storage (we're foodies), quality of matresses, clothes storage as my DW is a fashionista , and small things like he floor vents are well placed. Hope this helps.
Michael
Lovely Wife and Son, two terriers, and Ringo the cat!
Masondood is offline   Reply With Quote