Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #1

1st time with dual LP tanks

Sorry for what might be simple for some. The regulator has a switch that shows which tank is supplying the gas. Does it automatically switch to the other tank when the first is empty? Or should I leave the valve closed on the second tank so I know when the first tank is depleated? Its a 2013 Tracer 240 AIR.

I used to have only one tank, which did not come with such complicated questions.
NYDP77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
Always Learning

I had this exact same learning experience. Only, it took me running out of propane entirely twice before I learned how this works!
Learn To RV: Understanding my Automatic Propane Changeover

Basically, yes - it will automatically switch over from the first to the second.

You should leave both tanks open.

There is a glow dot/light-sort of thing on the automatic changeover that tells you the amount of propane in the one that it's pointing to. Once that shows you it's empty (internally it has switched to the other one), you can switch the pointer to the 2nd tank and it'll tell you full vs. empty on that one. You can disconnect and take the first/empty one to get filled.

You have to check your propane changeover on a fairly regular basis until you get a feel for how often you go through propane.