Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2021, 10:05 AM   #1

Add BBQ hose to existing tank

Hello all,

Our 2021 Sunseeker LE Class C has a 9 gal tank, only runs the generator, heater and the stove, not the fridge.

I contacted Propane Gear via email, they weren't any help. Maybe a phone call might be better

We would like to bring along a Propane BBQ, with that, would like to run a propane line from the tank (drivers side, middle of RV) to the right rear corner. ~20'

The tank does not have any fittings to install this new hose so I assume changes are needed there, then naturally the new hose. I don't yet have the BBQ but nothing big or fancy is needed for just me and my wife.

Can I get an idea of what parts would be needed tank side and hose wise to complete this project?

Thanks, Rick
Toy4Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:17 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Rick View Post
Hello all,

Our 2021 Sunseeker LE Class C has a 9 gal tank, only runs the generator, heater and the stove, not the fridge.

I contacted Propane Gear via email, they weren't any help. Maybe a phone call might be better

We would like to bring along a Propane BBQ, with that, would like to run a propane line from the tank (drivers side, middle of RV) to the right rear corner. ~20'

The tank does not have any fittings to install this new hose so I assume changes are needed there, then naturally the new hose. I don't yet have the BBQ but nothing big or fancy is needed for just me and my wife.

Can I get an idea of what parts would be needed tank side and hose wise to complete this project?

Thanks, Rick
Camco 59113 brass T-fitting. Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot, e-trailer. Videos on YouTube showing installation.

Old 08-02-2021, 08:27 AM   #3

TY for the link and the part... looks simple enough. I was expecting a much bigger deal, glad I was wrong
Old 08-02-2021, 08:35 AM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

The Extend-A-Stay has been helping folks do exactly what you want to do for years.

It originally was designed so you could use an external LP tank to lengthen your stay at a campground so you didn't need to take your motorhome somewhere to get the LP tank filled... hence the name Extend-A-Stay.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:55 PM   #5

TY, love the idea, now to add it to my list of things to do

Rick
Old 08-05-2021, 06:05 PM   #6

Of the four you listed the fridge uses the least propane, at least in colder weather.
A suggestion: Save your on-board propane for the big users and get a 1-gal (4.5 lb.) refillable tank for your BBQ. Worthington 1-gal is $60 at Home Depot, maybe less elsewhere.
Advantages:
No limitation on distance from your rig to your BBQ, and no long hose to trip over.
1-gal lasts a long time for typical portable BBQ use.
Tank has standard propane tank thread connection so it can be used as a short-term emergency supply if your 9-gal tank runs dry...which it will sometime when you need it most.

Tags
bbq, tank