Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2018, 07:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Try feeding the squirrel. Then he won't have to chew on your lines!

(Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

I feed on squirrels, bar-b-que, yum yum. Rabbits too
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:01 PM   #22

Look for stainless steel braided gas hose. You might have to go to a gas supplier to obtain it but I doubt the squirrels will be able to chew through it.
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy View Post
by the way barb an hose clamps, not really strong enough for 300 psi. just a thought
A tank is around 150psi. 1st stage of the regulator takes it to 10-15psi. Second stage is around 0.4psi for low flow appliances in the TT. Any hole in the line past the regulator is a low bleed.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:09 AM   #24

We had some critter ??? chew large holes in our trailer cover years back,,, plus whatever it was had been chewing on our 30amp power cord,,, also some critter in the north woods did the same !!! I put the cord in a trash bag and sprayed it with Critter Repellent !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:40 AM   #25

misunder stood you, they got mine from 100 lb tank to the regulature
Old 02-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #26

Well, let's try this: I came up with a super idea (really?0 for something to cover my LP hose from the regulator to the body of the camper which hopefully will deter the squirrels from chewing on the LP hose. I found a washing machine discharge hose that fit over the LP line but would not fit over the hose clamps I used to patch the two places. I laid the washing machine hose next to the LP hose and marked the washing machine hose where the clamps and connector were. After removing the hose clamps the washing machine hose slipped over the female end of the LP line and the rest of the LP line all the way back to the first clamp holding the LP line under the TT, approximately six feet. I then cut a slit in the washing machine hose to access the connectors, held the slit open while replacing the hose clamps on the LP line. After getting the clamps installed I covered the slits with electrical tape and covered the end of the washing machine hose where it met the female end of the LP line to keep rain out. IF the squirrels choose to chew into this washing machine hose let them have fun. The $8 for the discharge hose is a lot cheaper than a new 1/2" x 25 foot LP line ($180 the best I can find).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180202_135012367[1].jpg
Views:	73
Size:	394.4 KB
ID:	161484  
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:19 PM   #27

That's ingeneuity at it's finest!
DILLY DILLY
ard58 is offline   Reply With Quote