Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #1

"Beeping" noise propane tank area

When running our propane only water heater there is a low "beeping" sound coming from the propane tank area.

This is a new to us 2011 Wildwood 18BHXl

We have only spent one night in it ( unfortunately our shake down trip this weekend was postponed due to my grandfather being admitted to hospital for quintuple bypass) we did run the water heater for a short time our one night in it , Just to do some dishes then shut it down as we wouldn't need it ( heard the noise then). I have the trailer set up in the yard and hooked up in case any family decides to stay for the surgery and lit the water heater and heard the noise again. I did not hear the noise when the fridge was running off of propane no the way home.

It is not the propane alarm inside the trailer, I know that for sure.

It seems to be coming from the regulator or the tanks. Not loud enough to bother anyone inside the trailer but can hear it outside.

Is this normal, maybe a bad regulator ( if that happens) any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I don't want to run to our local repair shop or make the 3hr drive back to the dealer I purchased it from if this is normal or an easy fix.

Thank you
Capt. Derek
Dixie (60lbs Boxer)
cortezcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #2

It is a noisy check valve in the pigtail between the regulator and the tank. You can change the pigtails one at a time until it goes.
jpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #3

Thank you, I will give that a try.
Dixie (60lbs Boxer)
cortezcapt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane, tank