Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2020, 06:14 PM   #21

I havent seen confirmation that other propane appliances have the problem. If propane tanks are opened too quickly or if they already have open flow, there is a safety mechanism that causes very low flow. If nothing the utilized propane is working well, I highly recommend turning everything off, closing valves, then open them very slowly.

Good luck.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:18 PM   #22

Nope. All other appliances work perfectly.
Adammillerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:30 PM   #23

Have you traced the main propane branch from the regulator all the way back to your QC connection?

2+2 isn't really adding up to 4 here...

On my camper, the main propane trunk line is just 1/2" black iron pipe fastened to the frame rail that has tee's where copper is connected to go to the furnace, fridge, and stove, then it continues back to the rear of the camper where the QC receptacles are. It is not a complicated system by any stretch.

You must have a bad QC fitting, or the trunk line is dented/smashed, something.

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
Champion 3500
Weber Q2000, Blackstone 22", and a whole herd of flamingoes
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:34 PM   #24

Yes I have. It’s the same. 1/2” place iron pipe attached to the frame. It does have a T just behind the door and 3 small flex lines feed the range, the water heater, and the furnace. Then it runs straight back and has a coupler with a flex line that runs to the low pressure port.
Adammillerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 07:03 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adammillerdo View Post
Ok I know there have been a million posts about the low pressure ports but I can’t find my specific problem. I have bought adapters right hook my 17” Blackstone into my low pressure port on the rear of my puma canyon cat 27’. It will light and burn but only with a tiny flame. The grill that came with my rig also does not have a large flame. My camping buddy runs a 28” Blackstone with no problems. Is there something wrong?
If the rest of the camper seems to have the proper flow and another grill will not work properly on the outside quick connect, you might look at the line. Maybe a bad quick connect. I have had an issue before with a partially collapsed gas line that caused the flow to be bad.
DanMistyMiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:00 PM   #26
Happy Keystone Owner

You didn’t happen to mix high pressure and low pressure ends together, did you?
From my own experience they will connect but flow is hit or miss.

Years camping....55
dbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:22 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adammillerdo View Post
Yes I have. It’s the same. 1/2” place iron pipe attached to the frame. It does have a T just behind the door and 3 small flex lines feed the range, the water heater, and the furnace. Then it runs straight back and has a coupler with a flex line that runs to the low pressure port.

I would start by turning off the propane at the tanks.

Then, unscrew and remove the female QC fitting from the trunk line. Put your thumb over the open hole. Have a helper turn on one of the propane valves, slowly, so you don't trip the safety shutoff in the pigtail. Once the propane tank valve is fully opened, lift your thumb from the pipe...

Like I said before, most RV regulators can support up to 200,000btu+, which is a significant amount of flow. If you have good flow of propane coming from the open pipe, you know where your problem is. If you don't, you know where your problem is... it would have to be between the tee for the appliances and the QC fitting.

Good luck!

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
Champion 3500
Weber Q2000, Blackstone 22", and a whole herd of flamingoes
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:57 AM   #28

Do you use the same fitting for your other grill as well or a different one?

Try a short extension hose. Perhaps the nossel on the quick connect is not long enough to open the valves all the way or there could be a fault in the quick connect port on the trailer. I found that some of them were not long enough to lock correctly and would not trigger the gas to flow.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:22 AM   #29
2014 XLR 27HFS

I got a quick connect line and adapter specific to Blackstone on Amazon and have no issues running my 22" off the side of the camper. Before they made adapters, my buddy bought two brass fittings at Ace that accomplished the same thing. He had the same issue you do. He ended up drilling the hole through one of his adapters slightly bigger and the issue went away.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:25 PM   #30

i have a grill thhat uses high pressure gas fflow with a regulator at the grill. If I hook it to the low pressure side of my TT, remove the regulator at the grill, how do I regulate the flame??
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 02:55 PM   #31
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqparalegal1 View Post
i have a grill thhat uses high pressure gas fflow with a regulator at the grill. If I hook it to the low pressure side of my TT, remove the regulator at the grill, how do I regulate the flame??
With one of these...

Camco Control Valve with Quick Connect Replacement

Days Camped: '17=38 '18=49 '19=58 '20=110 '21=116 '22=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, pressure