Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2019, 03:36 PM   #1

Champion Dual Fuel Inverter Q.C. to RV On Board Propane

Many thanks to both ClutchD and hbillsmith and their previous thread on this topic. I couldn't reply to the original as it's too old, but it helped me immensely. Here's the link to the thread.

I followed their instructions "to the letter" from both ClutchD and HillBillSmith , yet could not get the Champion 3400 inverter genny to fire up on propane.Went so far as to make sure my QuickConnect BBQ would fire up and did without issue.
Fifth-wheel trailer is a 2017 Rockwood with the barbecue quick connect off of the factory regulators and (2) propane bottles, so my frustration and disappointment levels were starting to ramp up...
Took one last long look at hbillsmith's picture diagram...ding, ding, ding...
I had the large Safety Valve end of the hose plugged into the generator.
When I switched it around and plugged the Safety Valve into the trailer quick connect , now further away from the Champion generator, she fired right up.

-sigh- all is good in the universe again

So now I think I'm going to go with this 12ft connector hose to give me a bit more distance from the trailer.

https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Press.../dp/B06XK43NL3
FCCank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:13 PM   #2

at the time, it obviously didn't occur to me that the safety valve included a single direction flow of fuel and having it plugged into the generator meant it was "backwards" or reversed, blocking the flow of fuel to the generator.
FCCank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, inverter, propane