Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #21

Water heater wasn't running. We are just outside of Richmond, VA and haven't moved the unit in months. Thanks so much for the helpful info though.
DHSDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:28 AM   #22

Always treat alarms as threat, but you could try closing gas supply valve, could be another leak or plugged vent. Try another one perhaps separate alarm with it's own battery to verify original problem. Good luck, you won't sleep until you solve problem.
updhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:47 AM   #23

I may be repeating myself, posting is not there from first reply, Always treat alarms as real. Try a separate co alarm with 9volt battery to verify combination, also try turning off gas at valve at tank as leaks can develop in lines or connections even if appliances are not in use. You won't sleep in it until you find problem. Alarm companies have support lines. Look online for instructions to see if it can be cleaned or not
updhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:34 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by updhaul View Post
I may be repeating myself, posting is not there from first reply, Always treat alarms as real. Try a separate co alarm with 9volt battery to verify combination, also try turning off gas at valve at tank as leaks can develop in lines or connections even if appliances are not in use. You won't sleep in it until you find problem. Alarm companies have support lines. Look online for instructions to see if it can be cleaned or not
Thanks so much. Didn't see anything new in the manual that hadn't been mentioned on this site. We'll try a separate alarm.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:06 AM   #25

Shelf life

These alarms are only good for so long....try replacing it and if the new one does the same thing i'd suggest taking it in n getting it checked out.....Mine kept going off and it had to be replaced....BUY A GOOD QUALITY DETECTOR YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.....Same with smoke detectors...buy 2 stage detectors....and if you don't have them in there now replace with 2 stage..
Old 06-12-2017, 08:22 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyinfla View Post
These alarms are only good for so long....try replacing it and if the new one does the same thing i'd suggest taking it in n getting it checked out.....Mine kept going off and it had to be replaced....BUY A GOOD QUALITY DETECTOR YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.....Same with smoke detectors...buy 2 stage detectors....and if you don't have them in there now replace with 2 stage..
Thanks sunnyinfla. The sensor date is Jan. 2016 so it SHOULD be ok, but we know that's not always the case. Smoke alarms work like a champ.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:47 AM   #27

I have a 2015 GT 364. Last month, mine went off at 2:00 a.m. after a long day of driving. It would reset then come back on. Fanned it to no avail. Vehicle battery ok. Connecting wires were crimped so tight that I had to cut the wires to shut it off. Couldn't find a fuse.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:45 AM   #28

We were able to pull the unit away from the wall and the wires look ok. It hasn't gone off again since late morning yesterday. The alarm has a red light that says LP, which never lit up but the CO light indicates Fault. We're taking it in later this week for other things so we'll add to the list. Thanks for the advice.

Tags
propane