Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2021, 10:51 PM   #1

Furnace won't heat

Hello! We are on our maiden voyage and working some kinks out of our of our brand new greywolf mk23. Our furnace is giving me fits!!! I have full propane bottles and am plugged in at a Koa. I turn on the furnace at the thermostat and have that set at 73 degrees. Furnace fan kicks on and may or may not blow hot few a few minutes but hasn't brought the temp up to the set temp then shuts off and doesn't re-start. Is it operator error?
Thanks in advance Kenny.
Wolfpaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:09 AM   #2

Well, we have found a mobile Rv mechanic in Emporia ks that will be able to fix it. The consensus among service folks I've talked to is that it's the "sail switch" in the furnace. Common problem with the new trailers.
We'll know more in a couple of hours.
Layer,
Kenny
Old 02-26-2021, 07:28 AM   #3

Sorry to hear of your problem with a new unit. We just bought a new unit as well, waiting for better weather for our first "voyage". Let us know how it turns out. Take care, enjoy the ride.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:23 PM   #4

Furnace problems

Well the RV DOC in Emporia Kansas ( GREAT bunch of guys) got it to run by replacing the motherboard. It ran for 3 days and has quit again... going to try a suggestion of the dealer we bought this from and see if that fixes it. When we get it home it'll be dropped on their front steps if it doesnt.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:26 PM   #5

Ok how about letting the forum know what the dealer suggested.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:16 AM   #6

Well, the dealer suggested we put in new heat sensors switch(?). But I read some where on here that thus furnace needs lots lp pressure and a pretty specific routine to installing a new tank and opening the valves after you do. So I changed out the tank and followed the op directions. First, turn the selector valve to the opposite tank. Connect the new tank. Open the new tank slowly. Turn the selector valve to the new tank, slowly. I guess you can open it to fast and the pressure "slams" into the regulator and selector valve.
Another question I have now is the tank that I replaced was only , roughly, 2/3s used. It still had quite a bit left in the tank... Hmmmm.
Thanks for listening.
Old 03-06-2021, 05:55 PM   #7

I forgot to say that the sequence to opening the tank that i posted worked and the furnace has run well since then.

Kenny
Old 03-06-2021, 06:42 PM   #8

The tanks have a flow valve inside them. Protects against you opening tank with no hose or regulator. Always make sure all appliances are off that use propane and then open tank valve slowly. A sudden surge of gas going out of the tank will trip it.
2020 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Gasser
and a couple of those Harley things
sold: 2021 Graywolf 22RR
Cruzrtwdgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:14 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpaak View Post
I forgot to say that the sequence to opening the tank that i posted worked and the furnace has run well since then.

Kenny
Thanx for coming back and letting us know it worked. It might help another newbie.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace