Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2021, 12:10 PM   #41

Furnace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggumberg View Post
Hey all. Tapped the regulator under the stove and it fired up on the first try. Furnace is still out of commission. Finally reached both Coachmen and Dometic after the holiday weekend. Repairs will be made....but no one will schedule with us until February. It’s a real shame; 2 week old unit. Word is that the sail switch goes quickly/often on these Dometics. We shall see.
What happens when the furnace receives a call for heat? The fan should run for approx 30secs, If the sail switch is good then 12vdc goes to the over temp limit switch and if that is good power is supplied to the control board then to the gas valve and ignitor. I recomend having someone inside to set the tstat so there is a call for heat, the other person listens outside at the furnace exhaust to see if a sparking noise can be heard, if yes do you smell LP?
Dave861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 12:39 PM   #42

Sounds odd, but simple

We had a similar problem a few weeks ago. The stove and rear outdoor stove was not receiving gas. A valve got turned under the trailer. No idea how cuz neither of us remember doing it. Might try tracing for that. Best of luck
S.kimbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 02:34 PM   #43

If I read your posts correctly, you are boondocking,if so the battery(ies) may be too low on charge for the furnace fan to spin fast enough to create enough air pressure to trip the sail switch from the off to the on position. you could either hook the truck up to the trailer with the truck running(and the proper procedure to energize the trailer charging system in you truck)or hook jumper cables from the truck to the trailer and see if the furnace will then work. if so then the batteries on the trailer will need to be charged.
09grizzly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:52 PM   #44

Ggumberg, you stated that you have to wait until February for "warrantee" repairs; I too ran into "warrantee" repair waiting. I had a similar issue with the hot water heater not turning on. I was able to get the unit in and fixed quickly in a couple of days with a mechanic (not a big RV sales/mx place - an independent) and it cost me about 200 bucks. But, I sent receipt off to coachman and w/in about a month, I got a check back. If you navigate far enuf thru Coachman's site you'll find the email address for warrantee reimbursement. I have found emailing a Coachman rep is a waste of time - they do not respond in a timely manner and, if they do, its generally not helpful. But, sending an email with PDF of your receipt and the last seven (I think its seven) digits of your VIN (I sent the whole VIN #), will eventually get you a check. For an independent, you can do a search on google for "RV Inspector" - I used one to inspect my RV before purchase - cost was 500 bucks but, worth it considering I had numerous items for repair that I would not have noticed otherwise - dealership was not happy I did that. But, calling one of these folks may get you a lead on an independent or the inspector may "fix" your issue for you.
Just a thought.
Ed.
EdsIrv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:57 AM   #45

At 15 degrees, there may be some water in the line that has frozen blocking gas flow to the two appliances. Unlikely but possable if they didn't purge the lines at the factory.
Jcape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, gas, heater, refrigerator, water, water heater