Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2021, 11:46 AM   #41

I had the Mopeka system and always had trouble getting the sensors to connect with the app. Also, the battery life is super short! They need a way to turn them off when not using them in order to conserve battery life.

I finally removed them and just rely on the regulator to tell me when one tank is empty. Then Iíll switch to the other tank and go refill the empty one.

I really wanted to like the Mopeka sensors and loved them when they worked. Just too unreliable for me.
Old 08-17-2021, 11:50 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Most fifth wheels of any size come with 2 - 30lb tanks as the specs on his confirm.
He was correcting the OPs claim of two 30 GALLON tanks.

My latest RV, a class A, has a 20 gallon body mount tank. It has a level gage on the tank and indicators in the RV. Neither is accurate but they give a hint on when to refill.
Old 08-17-2021, 12:07 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daebado View Post
I had the Mopeka system and always had trouble getting the sensors to connect with the app. Also, the battery life is super short! They need a way to turn them off when not using them in order to conserve battery life.

I finally removed them and just rely on the regulator to tell me when one tank is empty. Then Iíll switch to the other tank and go refill the empty one.

I really wanted to like the Mopeka sensors and loved them when they worked. Just too unreliable for me.
I use my trailer enough that I can replace the batteries while the tanks are out getting refilled.

Renogy bits: 3000W Inverter/Charger, 400Ah LiFePo4, 40A DC-to-DC
Rich Solar bits: 400W of panels, 40A MPPT
Misc bits: LevelMatePro+, SolidRemote based wireless controlled LED storage lighting
jbflag21ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 11:43 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan View Post
Thanks for the great feedback. You guys donít just throw the empty tank in the bed of your pickup, do you? Iím talking about taking the empty for refilling. Itís a big tank. Maybe better in the cab?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cboss View Post
I strap it upright in the bed with a cargo strap. Cut one of my straps to length just for this job.
I have standard size milk crates for transporting my propane when it is time to get them refilled. The crates handle both the 20lbs and 30lbs tanks. Carry them strapped in bed of truck so they don't slide around. Like the crates which tends to prevent them from tipping over. For those tanks I use for my home grill stay in the crates till I need to use them. Made life a lot easier when transporting them.

Be safe -

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 06:11 AM   #45

I checked my 30 lb. tanks yesterday. I unhook them, pick them up and see how heavy and dense-feeling they are. One tank is full, the other about half full. I have plenty for my upcoming 4 night trip.
JWood422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 06:58 AM   #46

Two weeks coming up, not in remote area.
Summertime.
One tank full, the other no clue.
Plenty.
Indicator turns red, I'll refill it when I flip the switch.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check, tank