Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2021, 12:34 AM   #1

Multiple quick connect lines.

Anyone have any experience of multiple quick connect lines connected together? My main propane tank has a quick connect port close to the tank. I want to install a quick connect mount on the opposite side of my RV from the main propane tank. This would make two quick connect junctions. Does this adversely affect propane flow?
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 04:03 AM   #2

It depends.

Sizing a gas system can be fairly complicated. Can you draw a (rough, not to scale) line sketch of how you propose to run the lines? Take a picture of the sketch and post it here. Show where the tanks are, where each regulator is, where each appliance is along with its BTUH demand and provide the length and size of each section of pipe. The two main factors in sizing a gas system are the longest run (from the regulator at the tank to the appliance farthest from there) and the total BTUH demand of the system (add the BTUHs of all appliances on the system together).

Bruce
Old 05-11-2021, 09:47 PM   #3

Quick connect description

I have a 2015 Dynamax DX3, 40 foot RV. It has a 20 gallon propane tank located in the last rear bay on the driver's side of the coach. There is only one regulator located on the propane tank. Connected to the regulator there is a short single rubber propane gas hose which is connected via a T connector to a black pipe distribution system that supplies the RV heating system, hot water heater, and cooktop. The other lead of the T connector is a short (18") quick connect hose. It is approximately 6 feet from this quick connect hose to the passenger side of the RV where I want to mount another quick connect hose.

My question is: Is gas flow diminished significantly when multiple quick connect attachments are used. I would install a quick connect hose from the propane tank quick connect and attach it to the rear passenger side of the RV. Then used quick connect hoses to connect to barbeque or fire pit.
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote