Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2019, 06:56 PM   #1

Need part number for propane pigtail with check valve please

Hello, I'm a long time follower/reader but first time poster.

I just had this come up on my 4 year old Surveyor. One of my pigtails is cracking where it's bending. I was surprised when I removed it to see a few parts fall out but realized it was a check valve. What's more surprising and frustrating is that I can't seem to find an exact replacement part. Everyone online and in stores have a MNPT that is a larger internal diameter making it impossible to seat the older check valve. I've even web searched the manufacturer name and part number on the hose tag.

Does anyone know where I can get the original part with the valve or the correct MNPT connector to seat the valve. I just had a parts guy at a dealership tell me that if the ball fell out then the regulator needs replaced. I'm not sure that's right.

Thanks,

Brett
2015 Forest River Surveyor 201RBS
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra Denali
BrettC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:03 PM   #2

Pigtails and those check valves are pretty standard, so I would be surprised if yours are different.
Maybe you can post some pics to clarify.
And honestly, a lot of my group replace those check valves with straight through fittings anyway.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Pigtails and those check valves are pretty standard, so I would be surprised if yours are different.
Maybe you can post some pics to clarify.
And honestly, a lot of my group replace those check valves with straight through fittings anyway.

Thanks for the quick reply. Attached is a pic of the regulator connection. I found this on Amazon that looks like the same regulator and the mfr tags look similar. I just hate to replace the whole thing if I don't have to. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V8JJGOI...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190511_181459.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	204334  
Old 05-11-2019, 07:53 PM   #4

Any place that sells rv parts have them. Replacement is universal only thing to look for is length
Malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:30 PM   #5

Try www.propanegear.com. Full of everything you need to hookup propane. Hope this helps
justpassinthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:45 AM   #6
D W

No need to waste money on a new regulator if you don't have to. Simply get a replacement pigtail with a new one with 1/4" MPT, reassemble the check valve and install the new pigtail. To make it easy just remove the regulator and turn it sideways. If you're unsure of assembly order remove the other pigtail in vertical position and see how it is assembled. Another option is to get a CAMCO 59954 Adapter fitting (1/4" MPT to 1/4" Inverted Flare), with check valve already installed and get a new pigtail with an inverted flare end.

Or, you can go the route like NMWildcat suggested: Leave the check valve out and go with a straight through connection.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check, propane, valve