Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2018, 05:36 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenneman12 View Post
Hi there! It’s a forest River Evo Travel Trailer. I tried turning on the propane tank slowly this morning but it still didn’t work. Looks like someone below suggested it might be the propane lines?
Just by chance, do the tanks have propane in them?
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:42 PM   #22
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKI Marine View Post
Just by chance, do the tanks have propane in them?
My thoughts exactly!
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
My thoughts exactly!
I seen several comments about a new camper
Old 10-31-2018, 06:28 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Until the OP comes back and answers some questions, we are all just spitin' in the wind.
Perhaps he found the valve(s) were turned off or the tank(s) were empty and is embarrassed.

Kind of like me when I "lose" my car keys. I can look for them half a day and finally find them in the drawer where I always leave them at the end of he day.

Luckily that doesn't happen very often or my kids would be trying to take them away from me, deeming me too old to drive if my memory is that bad

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:09 PM   #25
I'm Lost

Quote:
Until the OP comes back and answers some questions, we are all just spitin' in the wind.

Youu are right, but even still, all these suggestions could help someone else reading this thread, other than the op.

Geoff
2023 F150 Lariat 502A (After all rebates, price protection and dealer discounts, I saved $12,600Cdn. (Cavalcade Ford). If pays to shop dealers! (April 2023)
wabakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:49 AM   #26

Quote:
It is ALWAYS helpful to post the make and model of your rig so everyone can give better answers.
This gets tedious putting the information down every time you post.

Quote:
Also you might want to set up a signature line so that information is in every post you make.
This is the very best solution. Your signature is found in the "Settings and Options" in your "User CP" at the top left of the page.

Then your info will automatically be listed every time you post
Old 11-01-2018, 07:22 AM   #27

Looks like another "Hit and Run" poster.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:40 PM   #28

Problems with my propane

I have a 2000 Reflection. We recently purchased this RV. We are new to this as well. We tried turning on the heat but nothing works. We also can't get the hot water or the stove to turn on. The propane generator works great. We have tried resetting the gas sensor in side the RV, turned off the gas outside in the tank. Slowly turned it back on but still nothing.
Any suggestions?
Bigo39us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:32 PM   #29
I'm Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigo39us View Post
I have a 2000 Reflection. We recently purchased this RV. We are new to this as well. We tried turning on the heat but nothing works. We also can't get the hot water or the stove to turn on. The propane generator works great. We have tried resetting the gas sensor in side the RV, turned off the gas outside in the tank. Slowly turned it back on but still nothing.
Any suggestions?

Welcome to the site!

There are a lot of suggestions on this thread as to what the issues of non-operating appliances could be, read them through and see if it helps.

Not having a propane genny on my TT i can only offer a suggestion that maybe there are separate LPG feeds for the genny and another for the house appliances. This would make sense to me being as I am a licensed gas installer.

Again read the other posts here for other suggestions.

Geoff
2023 F150 Lariat 502A (After all rebates, price protection and dealer discounts, I saved $12,600Cdn. (Cavalcade Ford). If pays to shop dealers! (April 2023)
wabakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:50 AM   #30

Geoff,
Yes there are two separate gas regulators. Going to try swapping the lines to see if the problem follows. If not guess I'll be under the RV this weekend.
Bigo39us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 06:37 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigo39us View Post
Geoff,
Yes there are two separate gas regulators. Going to try swapping the lines to see if the problem follows. If not guess I'll be under the RV this weekend.
Check the fittings on the ends of the the hose. One of mine spun in it and it leaked. They should be tight. My connectors were not all the same. Some are inverted flare and some NPT.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:04 PM   #32

Oil (condensate) in regulator?
Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:06 PM   #33

I have had to replace the hose that connects the two tanks as it had “swelled” shut and the regulator. I doubt i was ever getting any propane from that tank. Make sure you can get air flow thru the rubber hoses.
john lennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:26 PM   #34

On my RV if your carbon monoxide detector fails or smells carbon monoxide or propane it shuts off a main valve in the line. Check to make sure u don't have one of those.
Gone camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:41 PM   #35

Propane

I had this problem a few years back - tried everything. In the end, the pigtails connecting the two tanks had gone bad. When replaced (was under warranty at the time), that fixed the problem
gcole50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:53 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenneman12 View Post
Hi there! It’s a forest River Evo Travel Trailer. I tried turning on the propane tank slowly this morning but it still didn’t work. Looks like someone below suggested it might be the propane lines?
Could be a bad tank not having enough pressure. I could t BBQ the other night because the gas was barely coming out in a full tank. Also the cold weather affects the pressure but only when the tank is nearing empty. Same o problem in welding gas tank
WolfPup2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:12 AM   #37

installation

Is the regulator installed with the flow the correct way?
Titan 50 gal fuel tank
Air Lift 7500 lb bags
changing it up a bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:53 AM   #38
ENE

Sometimes the safety valve on the tank gets stuck when open to fast. You could take the tank out and bounce it on the ground a couple times to see if that releases the safety valve.
Try your tank on a BBQ grill and see if it works. Many times I don't get propane to my stove. I have to turn the burners on and off several times to prime the line again and lite the burner with a match instead of the spark knob. Once I know I'm getting propane to my stove I can turn on the water heater.
ENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:11 AM   #39

I've had some cases where moisture has formed in the line or oils from the gas or lp lines and will not allow gas flow. I have shut down the tanks removed the LP Hose to the main trunk line removed all line going to each appilance blew air though the main line reconnected all lines turn the gas on soap checked for leaks with a non-alkline soap . Then checked to see if everything worked . I've been a tech for over 38 years I don't know it all there have been some thing that really stumped me but i had to do this to a unit this summer to get everything to work in it.
Flowers65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:41 AM   #40

Are you certain that the hose connection at the tanks is tight enough? It has to tighten enough to open a spring loaded valve on the tank. If not tight enough, you don't have any flow.
Tacky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane