Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2020, 09:28 AM   #1

Lightbulb Ordered Gasket SF-30 Furnace

Hi SAMe here again. I'm in my used, $2000., 2007 Dec., PUMA RV with slide-out and finished the rabbit wire fence over roof to protect from falling limbs back in June.

Last week ran conduit and 3-wire 10 awg inside of it --what I had laying around-- from electric pole, so I have two 20 amp circuits availble for two ceramic space heaters.

I ordered gasket from Amazon SF-furnace top access to the ignitor, as it fires three times, then stops, then fires 3 times and stops again etc, til it stops firing.

Ive already bought new regulator and installed --tho I always seemed to have good pressure and blue flames for most part---, before the new regulator.

I pulled out furnace couple months ago a blew air from vacumn all through upside down and sidways and backwards.

Put back in, I think I can smell just a hint of gas when outside near the exhaust-intake tubes when trying to light.

So ive read older threads here, and I will investigate if there is soot or rust on igniter rod, and I will adjust to closer to gas port holes, if that is what looks like is what is needed.

My only question, is do I need any gasket sealer to apply to gasket or metal where it makes contact, on both sides --bottom and top of gasket--?

I know there is gas to the feed line, cause when I go to tighten and check for leaks, I have to get really really tight, to not get any soap bubbles of significant size. Very tiny ones I'm not concerned with.

I did not order new ignitor rod, if this old one is just dirty or rusty. I will clean with steel wool.

I want to have propane furnace if I should need it ex if storm knocks out power for a few days. That happened here in S.East back in early 90's and the record cold for my area is 17 below 0. Rare but has happened twice in last 35 years.

I ordered foil bubble wrap to apply on walls inside RV, but think instead, will just cut out some for the windows an use the rest for skirting.

I may eventually buy some 1" foil back styrofoam to apply to walls inside RV. But that is a differrent story. I want to have furnace working if If possible. Plan to bubble wrap spicket for water supply and maybe run extenstion cord to it for heat tape.

All of this RV as my home is just so I dont pass CoV2 to wife, should I get it at work. She would not last a day if she get its. Older and health issues.

SAMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, gas