Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2014, 11:42 PM   #1

Propane Fire Pot Running On RV Connection

I recently purchased an Outland Firebowl from Costco as we will be camping in a couple places this summer where wood fires are not permitted. Has anyone out there tried to run one of these from their RV outdoor kitchen propane connection and if so, what are the results?

I did talk to the manufacturer and they have heard of people doing this would not comment on the results.

Because the trailer regulator only runs so much pressure to the appliances as per code, I'm assuming that we may not get as much flame as it would using a separate tank and supplied hose & regulator. Or maybe it won't work at all?
CBergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:25 AM   #2

How many gas fed appliances would you be running at the same time?

I would use a separate 20 pound tank because they are easy to pack for a refill.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:48 AM   #3

We would probably only run it by itself. I'm hoping to not have to pack another bottle around. The other option is to pull off one of the trailer bottles and use for the times that we use it.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBergstrom View Post
We would probably only run it by itself. I'm hoping to not have to pack another bottle around. The other option is to pull off one of the trailer bottles and use for the times that we use it.
That is always an option.

I pack a 20 pounder for the lantern and grill.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:28 AM   #5

The gas fire pits suck down the propane. I would use a seperate tank so you can get it refilled or do the swap a tank think at a local store.
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:49 PM   #6

I had a chance to try out the fire pot this weekend and was able to test it hooked up to the rv's LP and directly to the the bottle. I was able to get a 20' hose with a male quick coupler fitting to hook into the rv connection and eliminate the regulator that came with the fire pot.

I'm happy to say that both connection types produced an equal amount of flame which is what I was hoping for. This will save us from having to pack around an extra bottle.

With a 20' hose we will be able to reach a safe area away from the rv with the pot and position it well in most campsites. We will still pack the hose and regulator that came with the pot and use one of the rv bottles when we need to use it somewhere other than near the rv.

Tags
propane