Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2021, 08:54 AM   #1

Propane flow problem - First turn it on, I get flow then it quits

I've been reading about all the problems with propane flow and I might have the same issues but I'll have to check it when I get the rig back.

I thought I'd describe my problem in case it's different from the one's I've been reading about. I have a Georgetown 378. When I first turn the value on, and crank up the stove, it works for a while, then slowly the fire goes out. So I turn the valve off, take the regulator out and look at it. It seems OK, so I put it back inline and the system functions as normal. The next time it happened I just pulled the regulator off on the tank end, reconnected it and it works as advertised. This has happened every time so far (3 or 4 times). I have not opened the valve slowly as suggested in some of the other posts since I didn't know that was a problem until recently. I'm carrying a spare regulator around so I can change it if necessary, but I did want to seek the advice of the more knowledgeable members of this community. I wanted to toss this out before I did any more troubleshooting in case it's a known problem.
Thanks,
Jim.

Tags
propane