RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-02-2020, 09:17 PM   #1

Propane hoses 2016 Wolfpup

On a 2016 Wolfpup FQ there is a propane hose that goes from the regulator to the entry point of the camper in the front. I cant seem to find that hose with the correct fittings anywhere. I ordered the Camco heavy dury 5 foot extension with 1/4” male fitting and thought the female end was bigger for the inlet into the rv but I was wrong. The female should be bigger.
I’m not experienced with fittings so have no idea if there is some sort of adapter that can be used.
Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	881733B2-09DD-42FE-A67F-D2D1B7E7087D.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	462.5 KB
ID:	240452  
Frgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:56 PM   #2

What are you trying to do? The acme connector looks long enough to reach the tank.
mfMcFroggierPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 04:25 AM   #3

I am trying to replace the hose on the right from the regulator to the camper.
Frgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 11:11 AM   #4

Any RV supply house should have this hose. Maybe even Tractor Supply
mfMcFroggierPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:37 PM   #5
Just as confused as you

When you change the hose you will have to bleed the air out of the gas line so take the old hose off and take it with you so you get the proper ends. Once changed, open the valve on the tank slowly then light a burner on your stove top to bleed the air out.
Camping since 1989
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
I deserve hazard pay when camping with my relatives.
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:53 PM   #6

When you change the LP line be sure to hook correctly to the tank, turn on slowly and then check for leaks using a soapy water solution on all the ends of the hose that were changed. Once verified of no leaks, proceed.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frgump View Post
I am trying to replace the hose on the right from the regulator to the camper.

I believe 1/2 male ip thread out and female 1/2 ip to iron pipe to camper . not sure but the camper side maybe a 1/2 flare female . i'll have to look memory changes from day to day
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #8

What sometimes happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frgump View Post
On a 2016 Wolfpup FQ there is a propane hose that goes from the regulator to the entry point of the camper in the front. I cant seem to find that hose with the correct fittings anywhere. I ordered the Camco heavy dury 5 foot extension with 1/4Ē male fitting and thought the female end was bigger for the inlet into the rv but I was wrong. The female should be bigger.
Iím not experienced with fittings so have no idea if there is some sort of adapter that can be used.
Any help would be appreciated.
What I have seen happen before on this forum is as follows:
  • The hose has a 1/4" reverse-flare male that can be spun on without twisting the hose
  • The regulator has a 1/4" IP (used to mean "iron pipe") thread female opening.
  • In between the two is a brass adapter. It has
  • Female 1/4" reverse-flare fitting to accept the hose on one end
  • Male 1/4" IP thread to match the regulator on the other end.
All you really need to do is unscrew the hose from the brass adapter, leaving the adapter in the regulator.

In the previous case, the novice owner unscrewed the hose and adapter from the regulator and discarded them. I'm sure you wouldn't have done that, though.

Two important rules follow
  1. When working on anything, NEVER discard any of the parts until the job is done and tested.
  2. When working in plumbing, always use sealant or Teflon tape on tapered fittings, never on straight-thread fittings.
In your case, this means:
Use Rector's No. 5 pipe sealant or yellow Teflon tape on the adapter fitting that goes into the regulator.
No sealant or fitting is needed on the reverse-flare fitting at the end of the hose.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 05:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
What I have seen happen before on this forum is as follows:
  • The hose has a 1/4" reverse-flare male that can be spun on without twisting the hose
  • The regulator has a 1/4" IP (used to mean "iron pipe") thread female opening.
  • In between the two is a brass adapter. It has
  • Female 1/4" reverse-flare fitting to accept the hose on one end
  • Male 1/4" IP thread to match the regulator on the other end.
All you really need to do is unscrew the hose from the brass adapter, leaving the adapter in the regulator.

In the previous case, the novice owner unscrewed the hose and adapter from the regulator and discarded them. I'm sure you wouldn't have done that, though.

Two important rules follow
  1. When working on anything, NEVER discard any of the parts until the job is done and tested.
  2. When working in plumbing, always use sealant or Teflon tape on tapered fittings, never on straight-thread fittings.
In your case, this means:
Use Rector's No. 5 pipe sealant or yellow Teflon tape on the adapter fitting that goes into the regulator.
No sealant or fitting is needed on the reverse-flare fitting at the end of the hose.
The output side of regulator is either 3/8 or 1/2 inch . can't remember which the ip it hooks to is 1/2 but may have a 1/2 to 3/8 reducer on it . the pigtails are 1/4
Old 10-03-2020, 07:43 PM   #10

You're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
The output side of regulator is either 3/8 or 1/2 inch . can't remember which the ip it hooks to is 1/2 but may have a 1/2 to 3/8 reducer on it . the pigtails are 1/4
You're right, of course. Not sure how I jumped from one side of the regulator to the other.

It looks like the hose has IP threads on both ends, The only way you could install/remove it is to demount the regulator and twist it off or onto the hose. This one is 1/4" at both ends but otherwise meets requirements.

Here is a huge assortment of sizes and shapes.

Old 10-04-2020, 06:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
You're right, of course. Not sure how I jumped from one side of the regulator to the other.

It looks like the hose has IP threads on both ends, The only way you could install/remove it is to demount the regulator and twist it off or onto the hose. This one is 1/4" at both ends but otherwise meets requirements.

Here is a huge assortment of sizes and shapes.
3/8 out of regulator IP 3/8 female flare into camper . which has a 3/8 male flare by 1/2 ip
Old 10-04-2020, 06:37 PM   #12

Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
3/8 out of regulator IP 3/8 female flare into camper . which has a 3/8 male flare by 1/2 ip
Exactly! OP should be sure not to discard the 3/8" male flare-to-1/2" female IP adapter with the old hose.

Like this one.

Tags
propane