RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2020, 09:17 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 2
Propane hoses 2016 Wolfpup

On a 2016 Wolfpup FQ there is a propane hose that goes from the regulator to the entry point of the camper in the front. I cant seem to find that hose with the correct fittings anywhere. I ordered the Camco heavy dury 5 foot extension with 1/4” male fitting and thought the female end was bigger for the inlet into the rv but I was wrong. The female should be bigger.
I’m not experienced with fittings so have no idea if there is some sort of adapter that can be used.
Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	881733B2-09DD-42FE-A67F-D2D1B7E7087D.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	462.5 KB
ID:	240452  
Frgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:56 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 433
What are you trying to do? The acme connector looks long enough to reach the tank.
mfMcFroggierPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 04:25 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 2
I am trying to replace the hose on the right from the regulator to the camper.
Frgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 11:11 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 433
Any RV supply house should have this hose. Maybe even Tractor Supply
mfMcFroggierPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:37 PM   #5
Just as confused as you
 
Scrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: south central Wisconsin
Posts: 4,493
When you change the hose you will have to bleed the air out of the gas line so take the old hose off and take it with you so you get the proper ends. Once changed, open the valve on the tank slowly then light a burner on your stove top to bleed the air out.
__________________
Richard & Jill
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Classic Super Lite
2018 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4WD All Star Edition
Camping since 1989
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
I deserve hazard pay when camping with my relatives.
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:53 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
R time soon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 23
When you change the LP line be sure to hook correctly to the tank, turn on slowly and then check for leaks using a soapy water solution on all the ends of the hose that were changed. Once verified of no leaks, proceed.
__________________
2012 Redwood 36RL with dual awnings, 6500 Onan, Fisher Paykel Dishwasher, Splendide Combo, Goodyear G614's, Full body paint.
2015 F550 Lariat 176" wheelbase, 8' box, B&W companion
R time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:02 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frgump View Post
I am trying to replace the hose on the right from the regulator to the camper.

I believe 1/2 male ip thread out and female 1/2 ip to iron pipe to camper . not sure but the camper side maybe a 1/2 flare female . i'll have to look memory changes from day to day
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,375
What sometimes happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frgump View Post
On a 2016 Wolfpup FQ there is a propane hose that goes from the regulator to the entry point of the camper in the front. I cant seem to find that hose with the correct fittings anywhere. I ordered the Camco heavy dury 5 foot extension with 1/4Ē male fitting and thought the female end was bigger for the inlet into the rv but I was wrong. The female should be bigger.
Iím not experienced with fittings so have no idea if there is some sort of adapter that can be used.
Any help would be appreciated.
What I have seen happen before on this forum is as follows:
  • The hose has a 1/4" reverse-flare male that can be spun on without twisting the hose
  • The regulator has a 1/4" IP (used to mean "iron pipe") thread female opening.
  • In between the two is a brass adapter. It has
  • Female 1/4" reverse-flare fitting to accept the hose on one end
  • Male 1/4" IP thread to match the regulator on the other end.
All you really need to do is unscrew the hose from the brass adapter, leaving the adapter in the regulator.

In the previous case, the novice owner unscrewed the hose and adapter from the regulator and discarded them. I'm sure you wouldn't have done that, though.

Two important rules follow
  1. When working on anything, NEVER discard any of the parts until the job is done and tested.
  2. When working in plumbing, always use sealant or Teflon tape on tapered fittings, never on straight-thread fittings.
In your case, this means:
Use Rector's No. 5 pipe sealant or yellow Teflon tape on the adapter fitting that goes into the regulator.
No sealant or fitting is needed on the reverse-flare fitting at the end of the hose.
__________________
Larry

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 05:23 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
What I have seen happen before on this forum is as follows:
  • The hose has a 1/4" reverse-flare male that can be spun on without twisting the hose
  • The regulator has a 1/4" IP (used to mean "iron pipe") thread female opening.
  • In between the two is a brass adapter. It has
  • Female 1/4" reverse-flare fitting to accept the hose on one end
  • Male 1/4" IP thread to match the regulator on the other end.
All you really need to do is unscrew the hose from the brass adapter, leaving the adapter in the regulator.

In the previous case, the novice owner unscrewed the hose and adapter from the regulator and discarded them. I'm sure you wouldn't have done that, though.

Two important rules follow
  1. When working on anything, NEVER discard any of the parts until the job is done and tested.
  2. When working in plumbing, always use sealant or Teflon tape on tapered fittings, never on straight-thread fittings.
In your case, this means:
Use Rector's No. 5 pipe sealant or yellow Teflon tape on the adapter fitting that goes into the regulator.
No sealant or fitting is needed on the reverse-flare fitting at the end of the hose.
The output side of regulator is either 3/8 or 1/2 inch . can't remember which the ip it hooks to is 1/2 but may have a 1/2 to 3/8 reducer on it . the pigtails are 1/4
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:43 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,375
You're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
The output side of regulator is either 3/8 or 1/2 inch . can't remember which the ip it hooks to is 1/2 but may have a 1/2 to 3/8 reducer on it . the pigtails are 1/4
You're right, of course. Not sure how I jumped from one side of the regulator to the other.

It looks like the hose has IP threads on both ends, The only way you could install/remove it is to demount the regulator and twist it off or onto the hose. This one is 1/4" at both ends but otherwise meets requirements.

Here is a huge assortment of sizes and shapes.
__________________
Larry

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 06:07 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
You're right, of course. Not sure how I jumped from one side of the regulator to the other.

It looks like the hose has IP threads on both ends, The only way you could install/remove it is to demount the regulator and twist it off or onto the hose. This one is 1/4" at both ends but otherwise meets requirements.

Here is a huge assortment of sizes and shapes.
3/8 out of regulator IP 3/8 female flare into camper . which has a 3/8 male flare by 1/2 ip
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 06:37 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,375
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
3/8 out of regulator IP 3/8 female flare into camper . which has a 3/8 male flare by 1/2 ip
Exactly! OP should be sure not to discard the 3/8" male flare-to-1/2" female IP adapter with the old hose.

Like this one.
__________________
Larry

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
propane

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 AM.