Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2019, 05:32 PM   #1

Propane Question

Photo is upside down, I’m wondering if I can use the quick disconnect to plug in a outside grill. How do you tell if the gas pressure is regulated ?
Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	35E6AFBF-7B27-44DF-B62C-FAFDBA29F517.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	305.4 KB
ID:	205028  
discjocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:12 PM   #2

The factory installed QD (the one with the blue dirt cap) mounted by itself behind the small door that you show in your picture is low pressure.

The other connector to the right of then vapor valve is a Sturgis extend a stay or similar. That is high pressure.

Your regulator is mounted to the right of the extend a stay under the black plastic cover mounted to the tank. Anything attached to the left is high pressure.

If the grill has it’s own regulator you will need to remove it or connect it to high pressure.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:16 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by discjocks View Post
Photo is upside down, I’m wondering if I can use the quick disconnect to plug in a outside grill. How do you tell if the gas pressure is regulated ?
Steve

It depends on the grill, on which you can use the quick connect.

You will need a low pressure grill to use it as is (like a sidekick or RVQ). These type grills do not have a built in regulator.

https://ouioutdoors.com/product/sidekick-grill/

Now if you use a grill with a pressure regulator on it, then you are regulating it twice (and will have low fplame/pressure) and these types usually do not work with the quick connect. You have to modify the grill to take out it's built in regulator. We have many threads on such.

https://propanegear.com/coleman-road...it-gen-2-8-ft/

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane