Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2019, 09:53 AM   #1

Propane tray question

Happy Thanksgiving,

As I wait for the festivities to begin, I am back to planning for the setup of our trailer.

I plan to install a ProPride hitch. This will require me to put 1/2 “ spacers under the propane tray. A u bolt needs to go over the top of the trailer frame so I have to raise the tray a 1/2 inch. Does anyone know the size of screw used to secure the propane tray to the frame and the spacing between holes?

Again, Happy Thanksgiving

Pat
PatHoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:08 AM   #2

Have you considered drilling the propane tank holder and putting the U-bolts thru it instead of under it just wondering
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:45 AM   #3

I thought I was going to have to move or raise mine when I installed my P3 but I did not. They fit under the propane tray without causing any problems. I was just going to drill holes in it if I could not easily move it.

Sorry I dont have the bolt info but I doubt that they are consistent across models.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:54 AM   #4

I have installed our PP hitch on two different TT. I did cut the corners off both sides top bracket to avoid doing anything to the propane tank tray. The same rounding of the corners came in play on our current TT.
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:42 AM   #5

Wait and see

I am assuming the tray will be raised. It was the only thing I didn’t take pictures of, when we looked at the model on the lot. I will put the u bolts under it if possible or drill through it if need be.

The rub comes in that I will be putting it on at a campground near the dealer. They will tow it there for me. So I have to plan for all options and bring the right tools and parts with me. Hopefully there is a home deport near Shipshewana, IN. I’ll look for one on google maps before I go.

Thanks for all the ideas. Btw, every time I walk through the basement and look at the P3, I can’t believe how well built it is.
PatHoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:16 PM   #6

They are extremely easy to install, I am sure you will be fine.
Hensley Hitch
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:56 PM   #7

If you have a grinder bring it. You may not need it but helpful to cut or shape things if you need a notch or something. I used mine when installing my P3 to shave off corners of the hitch to fit into my reciever and fit the tower Jack's on the a frame rails.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane