Old 11-11-2019, 08:13 PM   #21

We took our class C to visit the wife's parents in South Dakota last winter. The sink water stopped flowing in Iowa and I set up a 250W electric heater in the pump bay along with a remote thermometer. It was about 6 degrees outside and 70-80 in the pump bay. By the time we got to Rapid City everything was fine. We spent two weeks there with night time temperatures as low as minus 15!

On that trip the moving RV seemed much harder to keep a warm underbelly than a parked RV. Convective cooling I guess. Boy was it cold!!
CampingWith4Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:14 PM   #22

Trailer Propane on On the Road

My main concern is possible leaks and an accident. The propane detector is inside the box, if the belly is covered/3 season gas can be there. Check all flexible hoses, mine here cracked in less than 3 years - cheep Chinese stuff. As with anything it's OK until it's a problem.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:24 PM   #23

What would be an interesting test to do is to stick a thermometer into the covered underbelly and check the temp initially before taking the RV out and then later when you have run the furnace in travel for a while. Sort of curious as to what the variation in temps would actually be when done like that.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:37 PM   #24

We've done this travelling to Arizona in January. I just set the furnace temperature to 45 degrees and I do not leave the propane heat on for the water heater. We overnighted in New Mexico at 12 F and had no problems while traveling. I would do it anytime travel temperature was in the mid 20's or colder.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:46 PM   #25

This was helpful for me. But not sure it applies to my tr it's a Fd19 E-Pro. I am going to travel in the Florida Panhandle in February. I have winterized it until I get to Florida. I am camping at parks with a water supply. Will I have any issues with freezing while camping in the panhandle.

When moving to another park would it help to drain tanks and blow air through the lines while on the road.

Looking for feedback from people who have traveled the panhandle during the winter.
Hanesstetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:54 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanesstetter View Post

Looking for feedback from people who have traveled the panhandle during the winter.
Since this thread is in the Propane System sub-forum, you should start another thread about this, in the On the Road section's Eastern USA sub-forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, travel, underbelly, winter