Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2021, 09:26 PM   #1
1ed

Suburban Oven pilot will not stay on

I have a 2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S and the oven pilot lite will not stay on. It will start and you can hold it for as long as 2 minute and the oven will not come on. Full tanks of propane, burners work just fine and everything else does as well. Just the oven is a problem and I believe this is the first time we used it and if I recall correctly during the PDI it worked corse I could be wrong since has been 3 years ago. Don't want to go changing parts before I know what the problem could be so any help would be appreciated.

Suburban Stove model #SRNLXB2B3XAG4SC
1ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 05:02 AM   #2

Not sure of your model, but on mine, I had to hold it almost 5 minutes the first time I used it. Also, once it lights, keep the door ajar till it get up to around 200 or so, then close and use as normal. Mine would blow out.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:28 PM   #3

Our pilot light in the oven will barely light but won’t stay on. I can get the oven to light but it doesn’t stay lit either. Heard to blow it with compressed air and it seemed to help but then back the way it was. Will try blowing it again to see if I can rid any debris blocking air or gas flow but not confident it’ll work. Airflow overall in the oven seems fine.
Saw something here about air intake for the oven. Where is that?
Any other ideas?
Thanks much!
baseballdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:54 AM   #4

pilot going out

Many times an oven not used for awhile will get rust on the thermocouple probe, try cleaning it with fine sand paper and tighten the thermocouple nut where it attaches to the gas valve. if that doesn't work you probably need a new thermocouple
Happy Camper 2715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:10 AM   #5

Thank you. I’ll do just that.
baseballdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suburban