Old 12-02-2019, 11:11 PM   #1

WeberQ adapt to quick-connect?

I am looking at picking up a used WeberQ200 for $20. This has a combination regulator/valve unit. So there's no real way to remove the regulator and still control heat. But if I want to connect it with a longer hose to the quick connect propane fitting on the trailer, I'd need to be able to bypass the regulator on the grill as you can only have one regulator and I don't want to deal with a separate tank.
I was thinking extension quick connect hose but that would still send low-pressure propane to the grill's regulator.

Anyone done this? Thoughts?

Charlie
Falconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:28 PM   #2

I knew if I posted this I'd find something... looks like the regulator is separate from the control valve... a great tutorial here...

Might give this a try...
Old 12-03-2019, 08:06 AM   #3

Great video.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:24 AM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconer View Post
I knew if I posted this I'd find something... looks like the regulator is separate from the control valve... a great tutorial here...

Might give this a try...
There have been several past discussions on this forum about this subject.
Here is one such search...
Weber Q200
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:01 AM   #5

I did this to mine a long time ago. Take it one step further and use an adjustable regulator instead of the stocker, then when you connect directly to the bottle you can crank up the heat much higher. I can lift the flame right off the burner if I want to but much easier to sear a steak. If I just want to connect to the low pressure port on the trailer I have a 25' 3/8" hose so I can set the BBQ anywhere around the trailer to block the wind (we camp in the desert most of the time). I pulled the IRVQ quick connects off, added a 1/4" ball valve at the trailer and just used standard pneumatic quick disconnects; they work great as they're designed for MUCH higher pressures, just don't connect your impact gun!

Don't flame me about using the pneumatic connectors, nobody I know is that stupid and if they are they deserve the results.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:27 AM   #6

I rely on the Weber Q regulator for my propane needs when using it with my trailer propane tanks! I have an adapter that is ahead of the trailer regulator and the Weber hose will connect to the adapter. This was installed by my dealer when I purchased the trailer in 2015 and works great!

It is similar to this kit from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NCX7664..._t3_B01N657EZL
Old 12-03-2019, 11:01 AM   #7
Fulltime family RVer

I upgraded my WeberQ 2000 with the Torjik kit and love it:
https://learntorv.com/weber-q-convertaq/
Old 12-03-2019, 03:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconer View Post

Might give this a try...
Great video--crystal clear! Thanks

"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. . .I guess."
Red Green
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
rockfossilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #9

@Falconer - Glad you found the video to answer your question.

I used this kit to convert our grill:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(I paid less than the price currently listed.) I went this route because after visiting Lowes, H.D., Ace, a local plumbing/heating store, an RV parts store, and one gas appliance specialty store, I COULD NOT find the propane adapter I needed. However, this kit was a perfect fit, and the grill works great running off the camper LP supply. No problems attaining enough heat to cook on, whether its just the two of us, or a big family cook-out.

Not to high-jack the thread, but has anyone found the second adapter demonstrated in that video? I've searched for it, even using the part number that guy rattled off, and cannot find one. I had looked for one at all the places I mentioned previously, at the same time I was searching for the other adapter. No luck. It would be kinda' handy to be able to quick connect the old regulator to run on 1lb. bottles if we ever want to use the grill away from the camper.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:18 PM   #10
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbears View Post
Not to high-jack the thread, but has anyone found the second adapter demonstrated in that video? I've searched for it, even using the part number that guy rattled off, and cannot find one. I had looked for one at all the places I mentioned previously, at the same time I was searching for the other adapter. No luck. It would be kinda' handy to be able to quick connect the old regulator to run on 1lb. bottles if we ever want to use the grill away from the camper.
i didnít watch the video, but I think this is what youíre after:
https://propanegear.com/reverta-q/
Old 12-03-2019, 06:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
i didnít watch the video, but I think this is what youíre after:
https://propanegear.com/reverta-q/
Thanks for that. But no, I'm looking for the adapter like the guy showed in the video. One end screws into the grill's (removed) regulator, and has a female quick connect on the other end.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbears View Post
Thanks for that. But no, I'm looking for the adapter like the guy showed in the video. One end screws into the grill's (removed) regulator, and has a female quick connect on the other end.
That have what your looking for. I have the same setup in that video and I got it from them. Give them a call and tell them what you want. http://mbsturgis.com/
kurtsont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtsont View Post
That have what your looking for. I have the same setup in that video and I got it from them. Give them a call and tell them what you want. Welcome | MB Sturgis
Thank you kurtsont. Visited their website and found the exact adapter that I was looking for. Appreciate it!
Old 12-21-2019, 03:23 PM   #14

Figured I'd post a follow-up on this... I bought the 20' hose and adaptor from Amazon. Worked perfectly! At first the grill was a little anemic but after a while it started producing great heat. I think there might have been a slight clog in the burner inlet.
But it sure works nice now!