Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2015, 07:13 PM   #21

For repair of de-lamination...You have 3 options.

1) By a sheet of Filon, remove the front and rear skin, glue a new sheet down and buy a new sticker.

2) Pay a local RV repair shop to do #1.

3) Maybe have it repaired in Goshen?
You will be out of luck on a six year old unit with assistance from Forest river unless there was an issue with the glue.
Good luck,
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:43 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
we bought it May 2013 from a lady who only used it once & then her husband died so she didn't use it - We were going to use it in the summer of 2013 but when we got to our destination in the mountains with the Trailer they had a cabin for us to use so didn't need to use it - so put it in a storage unit that has a huge overhang over the top so it would get a bit of morning sun. We did not use it or see it last summer so decided to sell it - when we went to get it to sell it the entire front was delaminated.I have more pictures.
I suggest that you contact FR (I believe yours is a surveyor? and let them know what you have stated here and send them photo's. I doubt they will do anything under warranty but they may offer to fix this for you at a reasonable cost. Our llast unit had the aluminum siding (the avenger) but we now have a 5th wheel surveyor with the laminated walls. so far FR has been wonderful to work with us. We had 2 other TT , one a 2001 Bobcat by Keystone, which delaminated and we lost the whole thing (insurance totatled it) and a small Travel star hybrid that the front delaminated and we had to have the floor replaced, (and yes it was covered) so we went to the avenger to get away from laminated ones. we are now in the surveyor 5th wheel with laminated sides. but we are confindent in how FR ahs treated us so far that any problems will be handled even after warranty by FR and our insurance coverage.
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river