Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2022, 07:37 AM   #1

2011 Cedar Creek Touring Edition need opinion ASAP

I have a 2011 Cedar Creek Touring Edition long story but had a new roof put in the RV November 2021. Went to from PA to TX in January 2022 noticed some BIG bubbles in the roof on the side front overhang now the roof material had actually pulled out from under the rain spouting only doing the on the front both sides.
When I picked up my RV I was told they could not get EPDM roofing so they used Vinyl.
Anyway long story back in PA seasonal RV site the CC Touring edition the factory rubber roof the roof material only went to the top side edges of the roof and not hang over the side and go under the rain spouting. they have painted medal from the top of the side rain spout to the top side edge of the roof said a 4 or 5 inch medal piece.
So not sure why but seems that vinyl in the front side would not stick to the medal just say the front five feet rest is sticking.
ANYWAY they have agreed ed to replace my roof again using EPDM for free.
Question I am taking it to drop off tomorrow they want to again run the new EPDM roofing down the side then under the rain spouting. I said no make it like the factory did it stop at the edge of the roof then the factory has a molding running along both roof sides screws about every 4 or 6 inches.

What is your opinion let them again run the roof material over the roof edges to go under the rain spout or do as the factory did stop on the top of the roof at the edge of the roof.

Any thoughts ASAP dropping the RV off tomorrow morning.
Never say someday as someday may never come
brucec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 07:42 AM   #2

I believe the 2011 CC Touring edition is the only RV they used that medal piece from the rain spout to the top edge of the roof but not sure my other two Cedar Creeks both had the roof material come over the side edge of the roof then under the rain spouting.

But know there must have been a reason Cedar Creek did that unless it was some kind of a trial test that year.
Old 05-20-2022, 08:05 AM   #3

Trying to show a picture not sure if where I stored the picture will work but here is a link to the roof bubbles I am referring to if it will load for you. well that did not work
Old 05-21-2022, 06:25 AM   #4

There is a guy on youtube "AZ Expert" who does many roofs on all different kinds of RVs I have seen a bunch of the motorhomes that have the metal as you describe.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 07:03 AM   #5

Thumbs down

Thanks Seadog taking to to drop off at 10AM so guess to late for opinions.

I decided to keep the rubber roofing at the top sides of the roof as the factory had it.
Hope this 2nd new roof stops my water leaks this entire issue has been going on for 1.5 years now probably $8,000 later and still have again the same leak but not as bad.
I sure love RVing but the service industry sure makes owning one miserable. So far only found one service place that was good but charged allot but one does not mind paying allot when things are done right the 1st time.

Stay safe happy RVing we are at 20 years now 3rd RV and the last. But would not trade the last 20 years of memories for all the money in the world what trips we have been on.

Semper fi

Tags
2011, cedar creek, touring edition