Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2018, 09:34 AM   #1

2015 REV 24RB replacement parts

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I am looking for decals for the door on my 2015 REV 24RB. It was broken into last February and the window in the door was smashed out. The insurance company thought it would be better to replace the whole door rather than try to replace just the window. I went to a different RV service center than the one where I bought the REV because it was a "On your side" certified facility. After replacing the door and some other repairs (6 months later) I was told that they couldn't replace the decals on the door because they were discontinued. Not sure why they waited 6 months before ordering them instead of when they ordered the door, I'll ust chalk that up to their incompetence. At any rate, is this true? Has Forest River discontinued replacement parts on a 2015 REV? Seems rather early to stop supplying this kind of thing. I only have about 5K miles on my REV (mostly due to the fact that it has been in the shop way more than on the road). Seriously though, are these decals really discontinued, or can the shop (Tom Johnson RV) not get them because they are not a Forest River dealership? What am I supposed to do here? The rig looks awfully with a plain white door breaking up the nice swoosh design on the side?
waynelary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:01 AM   #2

Call forest river yourself and ask. Give them the vin. More than likely they never asked. So of course they can't get them.
Dwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts, replacement