Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2020, 04:01 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 8
2104S - Exterior black Trim: Cleaner?

New to RVing. Got my 2104S last year. Want to clean exterior and I can wash it myself. But is there a special cleaner for the black trim around the bottom of rig? And the black metal arms of the awning? Is Amorall appropriate?

Thank you

Sorry for sideways pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10BC75A8-86BA-4E91-97EC-08830C5D6985.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	305.9 KB
ID:	239273   Click image for larger version

Name:	A75692E3-93D1-4C4F-9440-6EB4F3C8DB91.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	239274  
Duckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 04:20 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Chris Pastuzyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,057
Armor all will be ok but won't last too long , There are some products just for plastic trim .
Chris Pastuzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 03:48 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 10
I use back to black by mothers (I think). You will have to apply a couple times a season but it works great.
Tom
Fuelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:39 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelie View Post
I use back to black by mothers (I think). You will have to apply a couple times a season but it works great.
Tom


Thank you very much Tom
Duckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:48 PM   #5
Just Tryin' to Help
 
cboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckfan View Post
New to RVing. Got my 2104S last year. Want to clean exterior and I can wash it myself. But is there a special cleaner for the black trim around the bottom of rig? And the black metal arms of the awning?
I use a 303 aerospace protectant for the plastic and rubber parts. For the metal, just keep it clean and spot paint it with Rustoleum.
__________________
Craig & Cath
2018 2902WS Rockwood Ultra Lite
2017 Ford F250 Lariat, 6.2 gas
Equalizer Hitch w/ 4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2016(retirement): 846
cboss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:32 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 8
thx all.

I ended up using Meguiar's protectant. Really makes a difference.
Duckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:48 PM   #7
WFD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,885
You may end up experimenting with a few different products as most simply don't last very long. I have never tried the Mother's Back to Black on any of the trailer parts, metal or plastic, but I have used it on our vehicles, mostly the black plastic trim pieces and it works great on those and does seem to last a long time.
__________________
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax
2016 Rockwood 8289WS, Diamond Pkg.
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:31 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
You may end up experimenting with a few different products as most simply don't last very long. I have never tried the Mother's Back to Black on any of the trailer parts, metal or plastic, but I have used it on our vehicles, mostly the black plastic trim pieces and it works great on those and does seem to last a long time.
Good intel

Thc
Duckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
exterior, 210, black

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.