Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2020, 06:46 PM   #1

Awning repair using Kohree awning tape

My 14 year old awning developed a dozen or so tiny pinholes, a few small cracks, and 1 some size hole, all within about 6" of the roof line.

I know it wont be long till I replace the awning, but until then I wanted to be able to use it without fear and to keep dry.

I highly recommend this product. A 3" x 30' roll, transparent, and sticky. I looked at a few products and this one seemed to appear as the best for the money.

Cleaning was easy. Rv wash followed by foaming rv awning cleaner and light scrubbing, rinse, and dry.

I measured 6" down from the roof and made marks with a Sharpie every 8-10" so I could lay down the tape evenly in a continuous piece. Directions say to lightly press on the tape, that's all I did but throughly.
Tape did not fold over on itself and it can be repositioned but it does stick well.

I applied a second row overlapping the first by about 1". Similar to above I measured 1" down from the roof and marked it with a Sharpie same distance apart as above.

The tape cuts easily with a sharp scissors.

Attached are the after images. Awning still looks good and is otherwise in good shape but I've already picked out my new one and will tackle that project with my sons help.

Chris Click image for larger version

Name:	20200728_150332.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	235067Click image for larger version

Name:	20200728_150305.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	235068
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote