Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #1

Battery Compartment Vent

Hi folks...I am new to the forum. Does anyone know were I can find a 4" square vent for the battery compartment? I have a 2006 Sandpiper 335RLT and I have searched the internet over, only to find 4 1/2" round vents. I saw a post from RickV and noticed f100turbo helped him obtain some from FSI. I have called them but unfortunately got no answer. f100turbo had posted this link, Vented Battery Box Replacement Parts - Louver Vent - FSI but it doesn't go to the item on thier website. I borrowed RickV's picture (hope you don't mind). Any ideas or the phone number to Forest River parts?? Thanks for any help, Joel

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vent.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	21677  
canmannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #2

That's a standard vent, I have one extra at home that came with my battery case when I installed a 2nd battery box. I y them together, so send me an address and it is yours. Just PM me with the info and I will send it out to you. Hope this helps.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #3

WOW...Thanks gljurczyk! I'll PM you the address as soon as I figure out how...
Old 11-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I ended up buying one local for the guy and mailed them to him.
I can do again if needed .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #5

A couple of the louvers on mine are broken as well. Can someone send the address where these can be purchased? That would be great.

On another note I would like to add a second battery to the Wildwood ToyHauler. Do you have any pics of your installation gljurczyk? That might be helpful as well.
RONXS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONXS69 View Post
A couple of the louvers on mine are broken as well. Can someone send the address where these can be purchased? That would be great.

On another note I would like to add a second battery to the Wildwood ToyHauler. Do you have any pics of your installation gljurczyk? That might be helpful as well.
I would If I knew how to add pictures. But what I did was place the new battery box on the other side to equal the weight. Same size battery. I took off the 12" long hose that came with it and bought some sub pump hose (drain hose 1.5") at the local hardware store attached that to the new box and ran it against the wall to the vented battery box. I cut that line and installed a PVC T 1 1/4" and tied it together. I do not like drilling holes in my trailer. I also went down to Napa and they made me up 2 #2 copper wires 8' long and attached them plus to plus, minus to minus both battery's work off of 1 disconnect that came with the trailer. I used plain old 3" L brackets and screwed down around the new box so the box will not move but easy for me to take out. then just get some wirier ties with the screw holes and finish routeing the hose on the back wall..... You can call RVOUTLET at 1-888-299-8565 ask for parts and tell them what you need, I saw them hanging on a wall last time I was in for service, they also can get you anything that you need from the factory, GREAT PEOPLE

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #7

Thanks so much for the info!!! I'll certainly look into it.
RONXS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #8
Mod free 5er

New RV Vent for Battery Box 4 1 4" x 4 1 4 | eBay
Old 11-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #9

Vent

Thanks Old Coot! Got the vent $12. Installed looks great! I had searched every way I could think of on Ebay with only "round vent" results. Thanks again!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by canmannc View Post
Thanks Old Coot! Got the vent $12. Installed looks great! I had searched every way I could think of on Ebay with only "round vent" results. Thanks again!
Glad to be able to help! That's what is so great about this forum, everyone helps everyone.

Tags
battery, vent