Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2019, 08:55 AM   #1

Best Cleaning tool for exterior

I just had my 5th wheel front endcap repainted. Looks great. Want to keep it that way. So after 90 days I will need to clean and wax. Looked at different cleaning tools out there and as usual a bunch of different opinions. Would like your opinions for this. The feedback from this forum has always led me to make some good decisions on various things with my 5th wheel. So I am looking at cleaning wands. Some have brushes. Some have a mitt like type of material on the end. So what type of cleaning tool do you use? As always, thanks for your feed back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 endcap.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	262.8 KB
ID:	206173  
dlewand53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 01:40 PM   #2

Montana Boars Hair wash brush. You can get them at AutoGeek.com. If you go with a synthetic fiber brush just make sure the ends of the bristles are flagged. Any telescoping handle will work with it. Use a good pH neutral wash. Honestly, Meguiar's Gold Class wash from AutoZone is as good as any. Then I recommend a good sealant over wax. It lasts longer and provides better UV protection. I use Pro-Tec Sealant Polish. It's designed for gel coat.

If you really want to speed up the washing process get a foam cannon.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:44 PM   #3

Thanks
dlewand53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleaning, exterior