Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2022, 07:54 PM   #1

Brand New Camper Rubber roof coming off!

Hello all,

Just purchased 2022 Salem 31kqtbs at the end of March. After waiting a month for the dealer (general Rv) to fix everything I found wrong during PDI and making 3 trips to pick up, we finally got it delivered for all the inconveniences and waste of fuel. My kids were stoked we finally get to take out our new home away from home.

First trip was a great success. Maybe 400 miles round trip. Only a couple minor things here and there and a lot of loose screws. No big deal.

Back from our second trip today. Quick weekend out for my sons soccer tournament. Again good trip until we stopped for fuel. I noticed what looked like a bunch of bubbling on the front of the roof. I climbed up on the truck and the rubber roof has separated from the sealant and is now all bunched up.
Needless to say we got it home but the roof was setting sail. (I attached a couple pictures.)

Itís 8:50pm est as I write this so I canít call anyone until in the morning.
Is this something that the dealer is going to be responsible for or do I need to call the manufacturer?? Any point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1F39D5B1-85AC-4643-AA4F-DE06244D9375.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	273775   Click image for larger version

Name:	790D7D20-1A3B-44DA-BF9C-C6BED8FBF8AB.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	273776  
Bluecollar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 08:14 PM   #2

Bummer. I'd check with the dealer first. It looks like the front edge of the roof has become partially detached. I don't think this is something you should attempt to fix on your own. If you have to take it on the road, you could probably find the edge where it's detached and put temporary tape on it.
Call the dealer and see if they can send out a mobile mechanic. This has the possibility of taking off the entire roof.
Old 05-22-2022, 08:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Bummer. I'd check with the dealer first. It looks like the front edge of the roof has become partially detached. I don't think this is something you should attempt to fix on your own. If you have to take it on the road, you could probably find the edge where it's detached and put temporary tape on it.
Call the dealer and see if they can send out a mobile mechanic. This has the possibility of taking off the entire roof.
Thanks for the response. I’m definitely going to let someone fix it besides myself. Im hoping it’s a relatively quick fix as we are leaving this week for Oklahoma. Fortunately we made it home today with it still intact. I didn’t notice it until maybe 25 miles from the house.
Bluecollar13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, roo, roof