Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #21

Let me know who you talk with and how your treated

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmiller View Post
For twenty years, before my disability i worked half of those as an hvac service tech and the other half as the service manager. We were bound by the state to be bonded and insured to work at any location. My dealer does work on-site, i have witness this personally. Im calling Forest River today after receiving contact information from another FROG member. We have all the documention of the work described and photographic proof of the damage and the cause. You guys have been very helpful, and I pray that FR steps up and helps us.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #22

We had a similar experience. Our first night out full timing it, when the hydraulic pump for the slides gave up. Yeh take it back to the dealer, 1200 plus miles? Don't think so. Anyway we found a FR dealer locally, but while they were in fact a FR dealer and the unit was new, they don't honor FR warranties. They said they lost $90k the previous year. They would replace the pump but I would have to pay up front and then fight FR for the reimbursement, $800 for the pump, don't know what the labor would have been. Any way, we did find a local dealer who did the replacement under the warranty with no out of pocket $$ from us. Great dealership. (Humphrey's RV in Grand Junction, CO.) if you're ever in the area and need anything done.
Good luck David with your problem and recovery.
bstout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstout View Post
They said they lost $90k the previous year.
That 90K was most likely lost sales to other dealers who were not looking to retire in 3 years from customers.

My tires have 1,643 miles on them and are worn out but only on the outside treads.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #24

I called FR today twice and left Doug messages, but he hasnt returned my call yet. Not flippin out just yet........
davidmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #25

'thufnagle@forestriverinc.com' Tony Hufnagle heads up the Forest River warranties department
Old 01-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #26

this is not the name that i have been given by several members
are u sure?
davidmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #27

- he is person I had to contact for purchase of my extended warranty when the dealeer negted to mention it to us and spoke with him on the phone.
When our next door neighbor had noted his axle problem on his 2012 Salem 33 Bunkhouse and the dealer gave him the run around Tony is the person he ended up getting authorization for local repairs from. Apparently Tony (unless that position has changed recently - post end November '11) is the main person for Forest River warranty work.

I could be wrong - {according to my wife I've been a few times} If I am could you please advises us?
Thanks in advance
Old 01-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #28
camping

is Tony the Salem warranty manager only or is he over all the other division warranty managers. my understanding is each division has it's own warranty manager.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #29

That I'm not sure of... my information was that for final says for Forest River Tony was the contact... but then again please consult my last sentence in my previous thread. If Tony only deals with Salem please let us know. It may assist Salem owners in other problems reading your issues.
At least if you were able to contact and talk with Tony you may be able to scope out reasons for not being in touch with the contact your trying now 3 times to reach without success.
They are most likely in the same building and eat at the same cafeteria.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #30

Just had to deal with FR on a minor warranty issue. this is the contact I used in December, 2011:

Doug Fought

Warranty Manager
Flagstaff / Rockwood Divs. of Forest River

Phone 574-642-5165
Fax 574-343-5902
dfought@forestriverinc.com
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
"If i go to your campsite to replace a microwave, and drop it on my foot and break my foot, worker's comp will not cover it."
===================================
windrider, lets keep it real. That statement is pure bs, and you know it.
If that were the case, then the people that do repairs to your house, or the millions of other people who work on other peoples' property would not be covered either.

And the OP already said that his dealership did mobile repairs.
All depends on what coverage the dealer has on his employees. All agreed upon with Workmens Comp when signing up with them.

I have to ask though. Why the attack on Windrider? This is the way it works at his place of employment. I am sure you would appreciate it when you give an opinion and someone says you are full of **it. Not all opinions cover all situations. It may cover 25%. Use your own discretion where to apply them and do they apply to you or not.

Just what would it hurt to say nothing and show a little respect for a fellow human being?
Old 01-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #32
05 Chev Duramax

Your problems are not yours alone

Look up "Thinking of buying Wildwood Sport 32SRV. Have questions" on this sight and it will give you some of the experience that we have had with Forest River. My last post was a couple of weeks ago and I still haven't heard from the dealer or FR. They've only had it a month this time! Why should I worry?
11 Streetglide 12 Heritage[/SIGPIC] Softail
199ciofpurefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_C View Post
All depends on what coverage the dealer has on his employees. All agreed upon with Workmens Comp when signing up with them.

I have to ask though. Why the attack on Windrider? This is the way it works at his place of employment. I am sure you would appreciate it when you give an opinion and someone says you are full of **it. Not all opinions cover all situations. It may cover 25%. Use your own discretion where to apply them and do they apply to you or not.

Just what would it hurt to say nothing and show a little respect for a fellow human being?
X2 - one is not required to agree 100% with other's posts/comments but being confrontational is not needed.

...VTX-AL
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 199ciofpurefun View Post
Look up "Thinking of buying Wildwood Sport 32SRV. Have questions" on this sight and it will give you some of the experience that we have had with Forest River. My last post was a couple of weeks ago and I still haven't heard from the dealer or FR. They've only had it a month this time! Why should I worry?
I read your entire original post. Your problems started with an act of mother nature and were grossly exacerbated by an inept, unethical dealership. After the first misstep by your dealer, I would have been on the phone to Forest River. You've been more than gracious through this thing, but are you putting the blame on the correct party, i.e. Forest River, when most of the blame should be put on your dealer? How do you know it was a manufacturing defect? Because your unscrupulous dealer said it was? Get on the phone and talk to someone at Forest River. Is there a lemon law in your state? And does it apply to rv's? The squeaky wheel always gets the grease. Keep hounding them until you get the answer YOU are satisfied with. And by all means, do not go back to that dealer again. Care to share their name so the rest of us steer clear of them?
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #35
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_C View Post

Well said, Bill. HUGE
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #36
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
"If i go to your campsite to replace a microwave, and drop it on my foot and break my foot, worker's comp will not cover it."
===================================
windrider, lets keep it real. That statement is pure bs, and you know it.
If that were the case, then the people that do repairs to your house, or the millions of other people who work on other peoples' property would not be covered either.

And the OP already said that his dealership did mobile repairs.
I do have to add that (in my experience and regardless of insurance company) NO ONE wants to pay for a claim if they can shift the burden to someone else. If a worker gets injured on someone else's property, get ready for the "mother-of-all It ain't me, Babe" arguments.

A perfect example just happened to me. I was towing a friends auto carrier with my brother's John Deere on it up to my brother's farm. Due to (well just say it) gross misjudgement, on my part, while backing to let a giant water tank truck make his turn, I backed into a guy (who was reading his paper or something if he could not see what was happening!) and broke some front end plastic with the ramps on the car hauler.

Totally my fault (I did say that right) but my AWESOME insurance company tried to get my friend's car insurance to pay for the damage since it was HIS insured trailer that actually contacted the other guy's car. To say I was FURIOUS would be the understatement of the decade. Here was a guy who loaned my his trailer and my insurance company wanted HIM to pay for MY accident. This is STILL undecided as I write and it has been over a month since the mishap.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
I've found Forest river and my dealer to be not so great. 2 days after purchase (on the road home) my main window molding popped off and could not be replaced.
The awnign clip was missing a spring so it was not usable and need replacement. Work was done by a Forest river dealer in Maine and I cannot get Forest river to reimburse me for the parts I had to pay out of pocket.
The main entry door deadbolt calved and I took the trailer to a Forset River dealer and they refused to carry out warranty work unless I paid for it up front and then submitted the receipts for reimbursement second.
I did that and now Forest River wants the door handle which the dealer threw out back before reimbursement
I also have a camber issue where all 4 tires are worn on the ourside and the dealer wants me to return to Ohio or send the axles back for their inspection.
This will be the second Forest River product I'll purchase - the first and the last.
Sorry about your loss but it seems that this company is standing behind making money but not much else.
Hey - my dad used that line years ago but in regards to buying someone dinner.

Hope all works out for you.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #38

In times of economic trouble a couple of statements come to mind.
"There are two levers to set a man in motion, fear and self interest"
Napoleon Bonaparte 1769-1821 French General and Emperor
and
"Price is what you pay. Value is what you get."
Warren Buffett 1930 American Investment Entrepreneur

and of all the comments goof ole (sorry good ole) Geroge W. said - this one actually makes some sense...

"At this moment, America's highest economic need is higher ethical standards - standards enforced by strict laws and upheld by responsible business leaders"

If you paid an extra special price for a product which carried a warranty in the event of unforseable misfortune due to someone on the assembly lines fault or failure of a part provided by the lowest bidder then that business leader should honour that warranty.

If someone built an item which failed to meet performance objectives within 1500 miles or better still a month of ownership then the product warranty should stand for its face value and repair or replace that misfortune.
Keeping the consumer who showed up on your doorstep satisfied (within the confines of the warranty when deemed to be something covered under time and product performance or failure thereof) makes not only good business sense but it keeps people coming back.

No business or brand has a better reputation than repeat consumers providing them longevity in a tough and about to get tougher market place.

Then again no business has a worse reputation than refusing to honour coverage for something listed under their warranties and using any excuse for doing so.

Free advertisement is not always a great service especially with todays social networks being so easy that a 5 yr old can and does use them with ease to get their message across the globe with the click of a mouse..
Old 01-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
In times of economic trouble a couple of statements come to mind.
"There are two levers to set a man in motion, fear and self interest"
Napoleon Bonaparte 1769-1821 French General and Emperor
and
"Price is what you pay. Value is what you get."
Warren Buffett 1930 American Investment Entrepreneur

and of all the comments goof ole (sorry good ole) Geroge W. said - this one actually makes some sense...

"At this moment, America's highest economic need is higher ethical standards - standards enforced by strict laws and upheld by responsible business leaders"

If you paid an extra special price for a product which carried a warranty in the event of unforseable misfortune due to someone on the assembly lines fault or failure of a part provided by the lowest bidder then that business leader should honour that warranty.

If someone built an item which failed to meet performance objectives within 1500 miles or better still a month of ownership then the product warranty should stand for its face value and repair or replace that misfortune.
Keeping the consumer who showed up on your doorstep satisfied (within the confines of the warranty when deemed to be something covered under time and product performance or failure thereof) makes not only good business sense but it keeps people coming back.

No business or brand has a better reputation than repeat consumers providing them longevity in a tough and about to get tougher market place.

Then again no business has a worse reputation than refusing to honour coverage for something listed under their warranties and using any excuse for doing so.

Free advertisement is not always a great service especially with todays social networks being so easy that a 5 yr old can and does use them with ease to get their message across the globe with the click of a mouse..
X2
Old 01-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #40

They say History repeats itself... and it doesn't need to be our history either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	quote.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	9863