Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2016, 08:09 PM   #1
Ara

Corner front nose leaking?

The other day, I noticed drips coming down from the left-corner nose, as if the A/C was running (it's not, as we're here in Connecticut and getting ready for winter). I noticed water is somehow getting behind what looks like a cosmetic strip, it's filling up and sitting there, slowly dripping out while the screws from underneath are gradually rusting. The bedroom and closet floors are all bone-dry, but this will eventually become much worse if we don't deal with it now. My husband used Eternabond tape on everything hoping the water was streaming down the nose and just "wicking" into the area, however today we found pockets of rainwater had collected inside the tape, making it useless. We've now ripped the tape off and will have to re-seal the top roof seam, along the tip where the gutter nozzle starts, and I hope we're able to find the culprit. The fact that there are holes in the metal seam from the previous owner tells me this has been seen before. Hopefully the pics I'll post will show the issue better than I can describe.

Tomorrow we're going to an RV store to buy some LAP sealant (while everything dries out) and keeping our fingers crossed that we somehow find the issue. Any tips (or if anyone has had something similar happen to them) would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0342.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	123711   Click image for larger version

Name:	img1.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	123718   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0339.jpg
Views:	89