I have some questions regarding covers for my new 17' Coachmen Clipper. It will be stored under the trees and wife says going without a cover is not an option due to stains from pollen, decaying leaves, etc on our prior popup
* Most of what I find at the camping stores is size based only and not specific to my model. Is that sufficient?
* We live in the northeast with moderate snow (typically 2-3 feet accumulation before mid-winter thaw). Is there any issue with the cover tearing under snow load around the A/C for generic covers? I assume model specific covers would take the A/C into consideration.
* Should I use a snow rake to remove significant snow accumulations or just let if be for the winter?
* Any material type or brand recommendations? Effectiveness is the primary concern with cost a secondary factor.
* Is it bad for the roof to climb on it to put the cover on or must I do everything from a step ladder?
* Is it a bad idea to cover the tongue with a tarp to reduce rusting?
We are not in an especially windy area so I assume finish burnish problems I've read about in this forum are not a significant concern. I've found some great tips about padding around the down spouts and other protruding points, etc. Other tips welcome.