Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2020, 05:22 AM   #21

First, GOOD CATCH, you saved yourself a LOT of grief and money by finding this early!!

This material will work too, and does not dry and crack over time like Dicor does.

https://www.doitbest.com/shop/buildi...wcB&SKU=772022

VERY easy to work with, flexible and long lasting stuff.

I used it on all my edges, seams and all roof penetrations as a precaution when we bought a 3 year old camper 5 years ago.

No leaks, No problems so far.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:38 PM   #22

Yeah there seams to be an issue with the alpha roof system mine is 2016 sides are starting to crack and tear. Alpha will only pay 40% of the labor and has to be done by a RV repair shop estimates of 2800 to 4000. The top of mine also has air bubbles after it is washed or a rain. Strange for a roof that is glued down. Come to find out it is because they do not clean the roof well before applying the glue. Really bad that a 4 year old camper has to have new roof.
wbau05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:11 AM   #23

I have a 2015 Rockwood Roo with exactly the same roof and same problem, I contacted Forest River directly explaining the problem and let them know that I kept up with the roof maintenance as per the manufacturers instructions. In 1 day they contacted Alpha and I am getting a full roof replacement parts and labor under warranty. I suggest contacting Forest River.
msmmce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 12:59 PM   #24
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmmce1 View Post
I have a 2015 Rockwood Roo with exactly the same roof and same problem, I contacted Forest River directly explaining the problem and let them know that I kept up with the roof maintenance as per the manufacturers instructions. In 1 day they contacted Alpha and I am getting a full roof replacement parts and labor under warranty. I suggest contacting Forest River.
Tried that by email, this is their response:

Good afternoon Mr. XXXXX

You would have to get it to the dealer and they would submit claims through alpha for approval.

If you have additional questions let me know.

Have a great day!

*XX XXXX

Salem Customer Service Rep
Seachaser186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 01:27 PM   #25

I called Forest River directly as soon as they opened and spoke with a person, I had detailed pics of the deterioration as well as pics to show the overall condition showing evidence that it had been well cared for. You need to call and speak with a person, they were very helpful and responsive. I was very suprised. I got approval for the replacement within 24hrs.
msmmce1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crack, roo, roof