Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #1
Mij

Dark Line On Roof

Got on the roof of my Catalina 40TBS to wash it and found this stain coming from the A/C unit. It looks oil to me but cant be sure. The A/C has worked fine this year but I will be out of warrenty in a week or so. My dealer is informed about this and are going to look at it. Wondering if anybody has seen something like this ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140928_150419.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	64135  
Mij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
Oklahoma Proud

I have several on both my ac units on my fiver. But my condensation runs where they are. I figure it's pollen or other dirt in the air mixed with a little bit of alge.
But, we are at a seasonal site and have used it about 34 nights since we took delivery of our new sabre, and we live in humid Oklahoma. So we have had LOTS of condensation running off the roof.

I will try to remember to get some pics tomorrow when I stop by to inspect for hail damage.
Might see how mine match up with yours. I'd defiantly be concerned if its not like what I think mine is from, being as yours is almost out of warranty.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:39 PM   #3
Mij

That makes sense, you are probably right.
Mij is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof