Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2020, 10:28 AM   #1

de-lamentation

Hi Everyone,

Bought a 2019 model 2109S Rockwood. The first summer while waxing, I noticed 3 spots that where making noise while I was waxing it and I could feel the separation between the wall and the fiberglass. Also, during that summer, I had to bring it in to the dealer to have 9 repairs on the roof lap chalking, it would bubble up and burst and there would be a hole. Took it in to the dealer for the warranty work that October, by then the spot on the back wall got larger and was now 6" wide by 36" long and you could feel a good 1/16 of a inch gap between the wall and fiberglass. Dealer said that was de-lamentation and would have to be repaired. In Jan the dealership was sold nobody ever got back to me, I called and emailed 3 times with no help. Over winter storage I noticed the front spot now hangs a 1/2" away and is now the whole 8 ft across and getting higher up the front as I write this. I'm no engineer, but at 70 mph I think the fiberglass will fatigue over time and break. Now this summer, I'm noticing the side walls when heated up sitting in the sun, you can feel a good 1/16" gap between the fiberglass also. Forest River had me take it back to the dealer. This new owner now says its not de-lamentation because it is not bubbling. So my question is, is this the start of de-lamentation or not?

Thanks
jimare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:05 PM   #2

From what you described, it definitely sounds like it.

Anytime the fiberglass separates from the wood structure underneath, that's delamination.

I would push with the dealership and Forest River. They should fix due to the other issues you've had and their previous repairs.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:15 AM   #3

Thanks 007matman,

I think I will give Forest River one more try, but it seems like they are wasting time so the warranty expires, this has been going on since spring. They keep asking for something else every time I contact them, and I mean when I contact them, they never seem to get back to me. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they got it resolved. Getting a little ticked off on the lack of costumer service with this company.
jimare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimare View Post
Thanks 007matman,

I think I will give Forest River one more try
You should be communicating with Rockwood not Forest River.

There is a serious water leak and your delamination is going to get worse. Don't wait to get this water leak fixed. I recommend having it pressure tested but it is really hard to find anyone to work on TT's now. I had to take mine directly to Rockwood.

Rockwood is going to want the documentation of everything your dealer did and really good pictures. They don't have your TT there to examine so the pictures must tell the story. I think I sent about 15 pictures only to find that one with a wet gray towel (one end was dry) was what sold them on the issue.

It is worth the trip to Indiana and you can camp at the Elkhart County Fairgrounds (full hookups only currently) in Goshen. It is very close to Rockwood too.

I hope it works out well for you.