Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #1

Delamination

I have a new (still under warranty) solaire 201ss. The exterior side wall has a bubble 5 inches in diameter where the fiberglass has separated. I have contacted the dealer, sent photos, and I'm waiting for a response from Forest River. What is the repair for this contrition? This is somewhat disconcerting to me.Steve in the hills
Steveinthehills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum...sorry to hear about your issue.

If it's confirmed as delamination, the only fix is the replacement of the entire sidewall at the factory. The manufacturer should also cover the cost of getting it there from your dealer returning it there.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #3

Delamination

Thanks Dave for your comment. We will see what happens. Steve
Old 08-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #4

Hello, i also am having delamination issues with our trailer. it is currently in the process of being delivered back to the manufacture today. We had to pay for the shipping of the trailer, they would not cover that, but they are going to cover the replacements to the trailer.
candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #5

Candy,

Thanks for the info. I live 3000 miles from the manufacture. I so do not know if it would be worth the 5 or 6 thousand dollars to me to have it transported to the manufacture and back to California. I don't see why a person should have to pay for a manufacturing mistake when the only repair is at the manufacture site. Forest River should have trucks delivering RV's to dealerships in our area. Why can't the trailer hitch a ride back to the manufacture?

Anyway, I'm just in the beginning of this process. Thank's for the information.

Steve
Old 08-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

My view is that the manufacturer should be on the hook for the transportation cost from the dealer to the factory and return if the factory is the only place that can do the warranty repair. I say the dealership you purchased from as opposed to where you live. It was your choice if you purchased from a faraway dealer for price and I don't see that it should be at the manufacturer's cost if that were the case.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #7

Point well taken Dave, however why should it matter where I purchased the RV?
Forest River has dealerships across the country. The issue is the trailer has a manufacture defect that is not easily fixed and the trailer is under warranty. I can only hope the manufacture stands behind their product and is willing to do the right thing, as they advertise a quality product.

Steve
Old 08-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #8

Hello to all, I agree they should pay for the transportation, however after several calls, emails I was getting no where. We live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada,again with no one who is skilled enough to fix the issue we were left with little or no choice to get it fixed. Yes I agree it is lots to transport it, but at the end of it all, it is cheaper than going back into debt for another trailer.
candy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delamination