Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #1

Delamination. HELP

I have a new 29REX the port side has a spot about the size of a softball that is delaminating. The dealer keeps giving me the runaround about fixing it. What can I do. It's only 6 months old.
Bowden FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
daydreaming about camping

I have a brand new Coachmen with a spot the size of a loaf of french bread on the rear wall, Coachman told the dealer to wait and see if it gets any bigger...

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowden FL View Post
I have a new 29REX the port side has a spot about the size of a softball that is delaminating. The dealer keeps giving me the runaround about fixing it. What can I do. It's only 6 months old.
Ask your dealer for the Forest River phone # and if dosen't work I am sure someone here has it, I havehad to deal with this in 2006.............good luck.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
I have a brand new Coachmen with a spot the size of a loaf of french bread on the rear wall, Coachman told the dealer to wait and see if it gets any bigger...
What is wrong with your dealer, what is the difference if it gets bigger or not it is already there, it needs to be address now. My 1st 2006 was 8 days old and had not moved from my driveway and the right side started to delam. If the dealer puts you off then go to the manufacture.

Once Delam starts it will comtinue to get bigger and it will not take long, I marked mine with a black marker all the way around the Delam, not on the bubble but where it was still flate the Delam move another 1.5 inches in two days and this was in the Spring I did have more then on place of Delam on the right side and they were in three different spots but in the same location. .....A long story short Forest River did not repair mine it was sent back to the factory and they had to replace the entire right side of the camper, I received another brand new camper in it's place, the one that was sent back was re-sold after the repairs were made and someone else owns it.

In most cases if anyone has Delam your camper will end up back at the factory.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #5

Call FR directly. I skipped my dealer with my water damage/delamination and they're replacing my front bunk based on description and pictures via email. I called Roger Beiler - rbeiler@forestriverinc.com

If you search his name, I bet his phone number will come up.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #6

Hi everyone. I'm a new member with a new motorhome, 2012 Georgetown xl 378. Had for four weeks and first noticed roof delimitation the first week. Been fighting with FR and dealer ever since. The RV was sold to me and had this issue at time of sale and no one mentioned it. I've since talked to other FR dealers and they inspect this before delivery. On the inspection forms the dealer check to roof off as OK. My RV has been in the shop for 10-12 days with various problems. Other than five nights camping I store the unit in a building that is completely enclosed and locked. It is not exposed to the weather in any way. It is now at the dealer sitting in the yard with not protection and I sure this is not helping the delimitation on the roof. We never even had our "honeymoon" with it because one hour after we picked the unit up the hydraulics failed and it took the dealers technician hours to figure out. Actually, we were left with the unit stranded in neighbor's driveway. Even the dealers technician did not know how to reset the system once more fluid was added. Before he arrived, I had already found a blown fuse on the lift units circuit board and tripped breaker. The technician arrived with not tools, electric meter and spare fuses. That was Ok though, I already had put this all in the RV. Late that night he called after a friend told hime how to reset. I also found out at this time that apparently the jacks had not been calibrated before leaving the dealer. We were the joke of our neighborhood having just spent over $110,000 and had a brand new RV stranded. The unit was sold to us with low fluid and this caused a complete fault when we tried raise the jacks and put the slides in. I saw the fluid looked low and mentioned this at time of walk through and the technician said it was OK. Well, we finally went on our shake down trip and the next day I noticed that the slide rollers were wearing into the underside of the two main slides and and someone had spray painted it black to cover up. When I brought it back to dealer they then told me it was a known defect, but I was not told this at time of sale. They did fix this by having to install steel flat bars on each side of the main slides. Getting back to the roof, now FR want to overlay the delimitation with something which I feel is just covering the problem up or send my brand new RV back to Elkhart, In. and completely rip the roof off and replace. About 2,300 - 2,500 miles. When I purchased, it had about 1,200 miles on it. My wife and I have not even put 500 miles on it at this time and now we are being told all we can now have is a repaired RV with almost 4,000 miles and wear and tear we never caused. I chose to purchase a new RV and am being told these are my options. Other problems are now showing up such as door alignment, which I think was cause by the jack lifting the front wheels off the ground. I had to manually level to solve the door alignment. I'm worried there may still be issues with the hydraulics. This happened at Thanksgiving on about a 125 mile round trip to my brother's farm. Other problems such as stopped up furnace vents, dashboard jumping up and down while driving and passenger side mirror being full of water to mention a few. I did fix the mirror, the weep hole at the bottom had been siliconed shut at the factory. My only question to all of you members is this. Should I have to accept this situation or do I have other options. As I said, my wife and I wanted to purchase a "new" RV, but this is not what we got. Oh, in closing we did not even get an owners manual or documentation on the hydraulic system. Thanks to the internet and I was able to get these manuals. I told this to the dealer over two weeks ago and still have never gotten the owners manual. We've pretty much decided after reading many forums and the problems others have had that RV'ing is probably not what we need in our life now. I have health problems and between the dealer and FR I can only wonder what my condition will be in six weeks when I go for my three month checkups. I would appreciate anyones thoughts on what we are going through right now.
Cajun Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #7
Berkshire 390QS

Any pictures of the roof? Is it bubbles? Don't have the Georgetown reps number, can anyonehelp with that?
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #8

Hockeytownmom
Have you had the bunkend replaced yet i have contacted Roger and he is requesting Pic's to address the issue i can not beleive his quick response to my email.
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer WD Hitch
2003 Harley FXDX Super Glide
browne02 is offline   Reply With Quote