Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #21
Site Team - Lou

I have that type and the only EB is on the hole in the bend where the tree limb hit it. It is sticking just fine.

The front/back seam tape goes right over the edge to the side wall roof hold down strip. Water would somehow have to go UP to get under the tape.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #22

In the Eternabond instructions it says to use EternaPrime when the temperature is below 40 degrees. So normaly you do not need it.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefeo1 View Post
Do you think that if you put this on a new TT it would void the warrenty ,or at least give them a reason to deny a claim if the sealent failed. I know they look for any reason to deny a claim seeing the tape on a new TT might throw up a red flag.
Sorry I am replying late to this discussion. I called FR and asked this very question as I was thinking of applying Eternabond while my TT was new and was afraid it would affect the warranty. I spoke to 2 different people and they both indicated that it is likely that it would void the warranty. They said they didn't care what I did after my 2 year warranty but before then they did not want me to apply Eternabond. They said to make sure I go up and check it and apply lap sealant where necessary.

I believe Eternabond would be a superior product but I don't want to do anything to void that warranty so I will wait 2 years before I apply it. Who knows what could happen during that time? For example, I could have a delamination claim that could be denied because of it even though it did not originate from the roof.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #24
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by exscream View Post
In the Eternabond instructions it says to use EternaPrime when the temperature is below 40 degrees. So normaly you do not need it.
While you may be right, however the primer will make the existing dried up Dicor "sticky" again and the tape will bond better.

It is your roof; do what you want.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #25

Hey Herk...what would you think about applying Eternabond to the exposed area of a stored awning to protect it from the elements? Is it flexible enough to do that and do you think it would work?
bob7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #26
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob7794 View Post
Hey Herk...what would you think about applying Eternabond to the exposed area of a stored awning to protect it from the elements? Is it flexible enough to do that and do you think it would work?
Never gave it much thought. Don't see why it would not stick. You will need to buy the 8 or 10 inch wide stuff though. Might be a bear to put on straight, too.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #27
Too old to be too smart

I have a TPO roof.

Is it particularly problematic to get Dicor to adhere properly, or is it all in the surface preparation?

It seems more common to have an EDPM membrane, but my roof actually seems to have held up pretty well in 13 years of SoCal weather.

Can't say the same for the Dicor. Since the rig is a recently-purchased used one, I have no idea about the last time someone applied that.

Does anyone have experience with Eternabond bonding specifically to a TPO roof, because that's the direction I may wish to take?

Does Eternabond tape, itself, weather or UV degrade?

Pop

2000 F-350 7.3L CC/LB 4WD Lariat 3.73's
SpringerPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrackney
Yes you would think they lapped it and the drip rail trim would hold it even more secure. I would also think that it helps that no "standing water" will ever be on it like it would if the seams were on the roof.

If anyone else has a TT with this type of roof with seams on the side, give me your experience. Knowledge needed.
This is the same type roof I have also so what s recommended to apply to this seam the one that runs lengthwise?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #29
Site Team - Lou

Dicor Products | RV Roof Restore

This site should help.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #30

so do i get the dicor in a caulk tube ? do i just lay a bead over the old stuff after i clean it. I have ordered the eternabond and some cleaner for the the front and back seams but really unsure on the side seams as whats the right way to do this
Old 05-24-2012, 05:09 AM   #31

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Have been watching the "BUMP-OUT" tape!

Since buying our 8285WS in Jan 2011, I have been watching the tape on the roof of the bump out. The factory applied EternaBond on the roof near the flange on the outer part of the roof begun to pucker in four places pretty bad. Every time I ran the room in, I would stand on the top step that goes into the bed room to look at the tape. As time went by the tape began to pucker more and more. I was afraid the puckers would eventually let water seep into the outer wall causing delamination.
I ordered 6" X 50' EternaBond tape, purchased a can of Acetone. Removed the bump out awning, cleaned the existing 4" Eternabond with the acetone, scrubbed the surface with a "POT SCREBBER" sponge to prepare the surface. I applied the 6" Eternabond over the four inch tape that was applied by the factory, rolling out all the air and smoothing the surface of the new eternabond for the full length of the bump out. I now have a new clean, evenly applied 6" wide tape that appears to be factory applied.

I now feel much better about the seam and poorly applied tape by the factory. apparently the roof was not clean when the factory tape was applied, causing the factory tape to pucker.

Advice: check your bump out roof to see if your 4" wide tape is pulling loose or puckering, it may save you a headache later on.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eternabond, led pad