Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2015, 10:03 AM   #1

Exterior damage assessment

Of course just bought a new Salem 26TBUD and bringing it home I take out the gutter on my garage. Thoughts on damage? Doesn't seem to have punched through siding. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1424531007.063010.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	69993
nateTBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:11 AM   #2

If it didn't punch a hole through it, it should be fine. Just make sure the sealing around the trim molding didn't pull away, if it did reseal around that area. I would also push or tap on the area around there to make sure things under the siding are still intact. The only bummer is having to see it and remind yourself of what you did..........
Campster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:43 AM   #3

For Like New repair the Entire white panel must be replaced,roof to sidewall cap replaced,front trim corner replaced,decale replaced,all sealant where used at assy must be replaced,and rear wall corner trim removed! This will be a Pricey$$ repair because of the (Shipping & Crateing) of the (LONG) pc.of Siding! The farther you are from Factory the more$$ it will cost to ship! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:54 AM   #4

As said,check to make sure no holes.A little matching paint on the trim piece and walla,wont look so bad. Just a reminder to always look up before backing in any where.
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:54 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to B and B
With a little work you could hide the scrap with some caulk used carefully and painted to match. I put a dent in the right rear side of my trailer faring when I parked it one day at storage. I was upset to say the least, Rockwood techs at Goshen Rally replaced the fairing, never know it was there now!
Maybe Goshen techs can splice a piece in to repair just the corner.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:00 PM   #6

Looks like more damage to your pride than anything else! Like others said, to repair like new is pricey just because of getting the skin shipped. Personally, I would probably replace the corner trim since it's easy enough and touch up the siding with matching paint. Good luck!
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:42 PM   #7

To pop out the dents, at least partially, wait til i really sunny, hot day. Let the metal get nice and toasty, then hit the dents with dry ice. I have popped minor hail damage out of car hoods like this. Touch up paint the scratches. After that, if anybody really wants to look up there and notice it, it's their problem.

2015 Sunseeker 3010ds
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exterior