Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2020, 02:32 PM   #1
clr

exterior paint or wrap

I have a 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 5th wheel. Of course it is now about 5 years old and maintenance and decals are becoming a real labor, much work to get it and keep it looking ok. My unit is a 3601 and is about 40 feet long.
Does anyone have any experience with either painting or wrapping there unit?
Am considering wrapping the sides of my unit, to cure the decal problems and to get it a fresh look.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 02:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr View Post
I have a 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 5th wheel. Of course it is now about 5 years old and maintenance and decals are becoming a real labor, much work to get it and keep it looking ok. My unit is a 3601 and is about 40 feet long.
Does anyone have any experience with either painting or wrapping there unit?
Am considering wrapping the sides of my unit, to cure the decal problems and to get it a fresh look.
You missed the Boat,if you had thought about it earlier in the year the Candidates would pay for a Wrap,but you would have to park it along a Interstate! Youroo!!
Old 10-26-2020, 06:23 PM   #3
clr

The story of my life, a day late and a dollar short.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:24 PM   #4

By buddy owns a rv/boat/car storage company and has come u on a handful of older RV’s due to pretty liberal laws in regards to non payment for storage (it like that show that was on tv storage wars, but he doesn’t auction what he take possession of) - He had one vinyl wrapped recently, it was an old class C and it looked amazing when it was done.
From what i gathered from him the only issue with such a big vinyl wrap job is that any tears or holes become costly to fix. unlike a car, which has many smaller pieces of vinyl (one for each door, hood, mirror, etc) the way he did the RV was, more or less, two or three very long pieces per each side, so if something needed to be fixed it would require a full 30’x5’ piece to be replaced. But it is obvy much cheaper than paint..
skibum009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exterior